General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Things that are probably not wise to do while IM training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-07 3:19 PM

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Subject: Things that are probably not wise to do while IM training

Don't look for houses when the market is good, because you may find one you like. And then you'll be wondering how you're going to sell your existing place and move into the new place AND get all the paperwork done as your IM race date looms near.

Yep, that's the predicament I'm in. We are extending an offer on Saturday, and I have no idea about timeline other than IMAZ is coming up quick. But dang, we like the place (no HOA...yes!) and may be able to get it for a good deal. It's one of those places you'd spend the next 20 years living in.

It's just funny because I spent the month before my training plan began getting everything in order around the house so that I'd have less to worry about when training. Just goes to show you can't plan for everything.

2007-02-07 3:22 PM
in reply to: #683177

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Things that are probably not wise to do while IM training
Congratulations on finding a place you like. Good luck with your offer and IMAZ too!
2007-02-10 11:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Calgary, Alberta

Congrats!

I'll add to your list...

Plan a wedding. Yup, got engaged at Christmas, and decided, "Two weeks prior to Ironman, I'll be in my taper, so why not? Let's get MARRIED!!"

Seriously. Wedding: Aug 10, 2007. Ironman: Aug 26, 2007.

Oh well, you only live once!

2007-02-11 12:15 AM

User image

Expert
Carmel
Im with you there, I am doing IMLP and getting married about 2 1/2 months after my race. Im not in the prdicament that you are in but my fiancee and I have been meeting with a lot of people and going a lot of places.

I guess that why people always say the race is the easy part, its the journey that lets you really see what you're made of.
2007-02-11 7:38 AM
in reply to: #686637

South Carolina

16 weeks out from my first ironman, i got a new job, bought a house, and moved my family across state lines.  The stress levels were through the roof!  We decided to unpack slowly and two years later we are finally unpacked, i think??  A random box comes up from the basement every now and then. 

Then as we were leaving to go to Florida, a hurricane was looming.  The race director could not make a decision to go or cancel, so we played the waiting game.  Finally, it was a "GO"; we drove down on Friday, got to bed about 11pm after checkin, etc.  Woke at 4am, raced GFT ironman, finished 13 hrs.  Tried to sleep that night.  Woke the next morning and drove home to get out of the hurricane path.  Looking back it was a crazy, insane 4 months, but it all worked out. 

Stay Flexible!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Things that are probably not wise to do while IM training Rss Feed