Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Health Data entries Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-19 1:38 PM

Extreme Veteran
Cary, NC
Subject: Health Data entries
Are these supposed to be reflective of the past night and past day? (Like what was the quality of sleep from which you just woke? If so, then the drop down rating of workout is for.... the past day? or is is for the current day, in which case the data in this section are not all for the same time period?) Does my question make any sense?

2004-08-19 4:59 PM
in reply to: #50405

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Health Data entries

personally, i rate it for the day i woke up on...if i got bad sleep and im half awake and dragging this morning, i will rate my sleep as horrible for today (since thats when i woke up)...likewise my workout rating will be for that same day to. 

i wouldnt think rating your sleep for the day u 'started' sleeping is valid.  most of your sleep is done for the day u wake up in.

am i off base?

2004-08-19 5:02 PM
in reply to: #50557

Extreme Veteran
Cary, NC
Yup that totally makes sense. I kinda communicated my question wrong. I guess since you're taking measurements of how sore, tired, etc. you are when you wake up, I was wondering if the rating of activity should be reflective of what MADE you tired, sore, etc. (Like when you wake up today, shouldn't that correlate to having a heavy workout day?) But I'm not too stressed about it. I'm just going to do all ratings for the day I do them. (DUH--I sound like an idiot. Sorry)

--Debbie
2004-08-19 5:14 PM
in reply to: #50562

User image

Champion
Gold member

i see what your saying, a bad day where u are fatiqued and sore can be a result from the previous days hard workout...

when u plot the graph of average SSSF (sleep, stress, soreness, fatigue) vs overall workout....THE THEORY (which has been proven to some extent) is that the overtraining indicators of poor sleep ratings, high fatigue, high soreness and higher stress will show up in your workouts as 'poorer' workouts...so the graph SHOULD look like a decreasing line of average SSSF correlating to a drop in overall workout. 

if you can spot some trends where u know if your avg SSSF reaches a bottom 'threshold' causing poor performance/sickness, u can correct it next time.  BUT this means that all of yoru ratings u give have to be super consistent...so come up with a cheat sheet describing EXACTLY what a 'Stress level 1' feels like, etc...now u MAY have a chance to spot indicators of when its time to rest.

This is a newer feature of the logs and i would like to go back into some peoples who have diligently kept this up and see if we can find correlations...maybe poor workouts show up a week later when your avg SSSF drops...stuff like that.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Health Data entries Rss Feed