General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Terramungus Tri - 2nd race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-20 7:16 AM

User image

Expert
Colchester, CT
Subject: Lake Terramungus Tri - 2nd race
Had another great time last night. Just posted my race report. The short of it is, that I beat my time from 2 weeks ago my 6 min. Final time was 1:08:35. Was faster in the water by a minutes, and faster on the bike by 5 min. (amazing what a new bike can do for your times ). No freaking out in the water like last time. Just concentrated on a smooth, easy stroke. Still need to work on my sighting quite a bit, but other then that it was a great race.

I want to thank everyone here on this board for their support and advice over the past 3 months. I basically came from a marathoner to a triathlete (although still a newbie) over that time, and I couldn't have done it without all you here. My season is likely over for this year. Next up, I want to start building a real solid base for an attempt at a 1/2 next summer.

Chris

2004-08-20 10:29 AM
in reply to: #50747

User image

Expert
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Lake Terramungus Tri - 2nd race
Chris,
You were moving last night, Great Race!!

I met my goal of finishing under 1:20, I finished in 1:14. Things went well, the swim was a little hectic at the start, but I got through it. I kept forgetting to hit my watch for my splits so my numbers are estimates for the splits in my race report. I am sad that the season is ending :-( , but am looking forward to next season. ;-)

I would highly recommend this race to anyone, in CT. It is a great race, laid back and fun, but well organized and well marked (route). I will be there next year, hope to see others as well...

Adios
Dave
2004-08-20 11:33 AM
in reply to: #50747

User image

Veteran
Manchester, Connecticut
Chris,

My wife and I were there. It was a good race and a fun time. I was pleasently surpised that I made the swim fairly easily, but slowly. My wife struggled with it more than me. We left the T1 together and traded place until the run where she left me behind . I was just glad that I completed the distance, even if I came in after it was dark and they were starting to hand out the prizes. I finished in 1:43, my wife was 1:35. I really kind of fell apart during the run. I can't wait for the series to start up again next year. We are both looking forward to being much better prepared.

This was a fun race for our first tri, we are both hooked. It looks like our season is over till next year, so we are going to prepare for the Manchester road race, I know I need a goal to keep training and next summer is too far away right now.
2004-08-20 1:51 PM
in reply to: #50913

Pro
Andover
Hey Guys,

As I mentioned, in another post, my wife and I were there as spectators. Man did that event get me STOKED!

I've been running and riding for several months now and, as a result of last night, started inquiring into a swimming membership!

If all goes well, I'll see you there next year, this time as a participant.

Congrats on the finishes and best of luck with the rest of your training and races!

Rob
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Terramungus Tri - 2nd race Rss Feed