General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello to everybody from the Dallas area Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-18 8:32 PM

User image

Expert
Longview, TX
Subject: Hello to everybody from the Dallas area
Hello all. I am a newbie to the triathlon, but I have long admired those who compete in them and dreamed of one day doing one myself. I remember watching an Ironman triathlon when I was a kid, thinking that there was no way somebody could possibly finish one. I don't know if I could ever finish one, but there's no hurt in trying. I started this to lose weight, and found one of the sprint programs. Since then I've dropped from 215 to 195, so it is going well but I have a little ways left to go.

Each and every person I have seen on the site seems to be an exceptional and amazing individual, and I'm sure that you all will accomplish your goals and dreams. If any beginners in the east Dallas area are looking for a training partner, I'd be more than willing to give it a try.

Clint

2007-02-18 8:50 PM
in reply to: #694941

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Hello to everybody from the Dallas area
Welcome Clint! I'm in Ft. Worth, but hope you find a training partner and maybe we will see you at  a local tri one of these days. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with your training.
2007-02-18 8:55 PM

User image

Expert
searching for the elusive runner's high!
Welcome to BT and your decision to tri. You definitely found an uplifting and unique community of athletes who will help you in any way they can. You are going to do great. We all start for our own reasons and somewhere along the way we get fit, healthy and addicted - I think that is why so many triathletes are positive and supportive to beginners.

Congratulations on your weight loss THUS far and good luck with your training!
2007-02-19 8:19 AM

User image

Expert
Welcome to BT.  Keep an eye on the Texas forum.  There are a few of us in the Dallas area that get together periodically on weekends to bike and possibly run.  There was a ride yesterday, but I missed it.  Now that things are warming up, there will definitely be more.
2007-02-19 8:41 AM

Regular
Arlington, TX
Welcome, Clint! There's a lot of races in the DFW area. I hope to see you at one soon.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello to everybody from the Dallas area Rss Feed