General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Books! Books! Books! (TI, TTB, etc.) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2007-02-27 11:31 PM

User image

Pro
Helena, MT
Subject: Books! Books! Books! (TI, TTB, etc.)

I have a bunch of tri-related books I'm getting rid of. All of them are in good shape and unmarked, because I wasn't a very good or studious triathlete. If you're interested, please email me at [email protected] as I don't get on BT every day anymore. Thanks!

Triathlete's Training Bible: Second Edition by Joe Friel (retails for $22.95, asking $15): "This new edition of The Triathlete's Training Bible covers all of the specialized training needs of triathletes, including completely updated nutrition, recovery, and weight training information. The book also contains seasoned advice on the mental aspects of training. Author Joe Friel shows how to achieve greater fitness by examining personal strengths and weaknesses, and devotes individual chapters to planning, racing, rest, and recovery. Appendices include annual training plan worksheets and suggested swim, bike, run, and combined workouts."

Training Plans for Multisport Athletes by Gale Bernhardt (retails for $16.95, asking $13): "Gale Bernhardt's training plans have helped tens of thousands of self-coached athletes reach their multisport goals. Every detail of how to train for a triathlon of any distance, an off-road triathlon, or a duathlon is here, including plenty of swim, bike, and run workouts to keep training fresh and breakthrough workouts to make training more rewarding. Bernhardt’s proven methods are the basis for each of the book’s 15 unique training plans, removing the hassle of creating a plan from scratch."

Triathlons for Women by Sally Edwards (retails for $17.95, asking $12): "Aimed at everyone from beginner to expert, Triathlons for Women includes specific training plans, offers a history of women in triathlons, and answers common questions. The book also explores overtraining, mental preparation, and time management. This revised edition includes black-and-white photos, charts, tables, worksheets, and a new chapter on transition training and equipment."

Chi Running: A revolutionary approach to effortless, injury-free running by Danny Dreyer (retails for $14.00, asking $9): "In this unique book, Danny Dreyer shows us that it is not running that causes the pain and injury associated with running, it is how you run. Here is the real solution to the high rate of injury that puts so many runners off their stride.

Danny lays out a full explanation of all the nuances of the ChiRunning form… why it works, how to learn it, and what benefits you can expect. With a warm wit, easy-reading style, and clear explanations, Danny shows you how to run more easily, with less potential for injury while having a great time. This book will also be an invaluable resource to turn to when you have questions about instruction, trouble shooting, training programs, dietary suggestions, and race strategies. It’s one of the most complete books of running form ever written for the mainstream athlete."

Triathlon 101: Essentials for Multisport Success by John Mora (retails for $17.95, asking $11): "Take the guesswork out of triathlon training and racing. Triathlon 101 is an essential text for every athlete who’s serious about succeeding in multisport events.

Inside you will learn how to
• design your own triathlon training calendar and logbook,
• choose the proper equipment to fit you and your budget,
• eat during training and “load up” for racing,
• prevent overtraining and recover quickly from common injuries,
• swim and navigate safely in open water,
• smoothly transition from one sport to the next, and
• taper your training to peak on race day."

I also have the Total Immersion Book and Freestyle Made Easy VHS up on eBay for those interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/Total-Immersion-Book-and-VHS-by-Terry-Laughlin_W0QQitemZ150096785721QQihZ005QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(bookpics.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
bookpics.JPG (94KB - 22 downloads)

2007-02-28 10:47 PM
in reply to: #705791

User image

Pro
Helena, MT
Subject: RE: Books! Books! Books! (TI, TTB, etc.)

The Good News: Training Plans for Multisport Athletes and Triathlons for Women are still available!!! Total Immersion is still up on Ebay!

The Bad News (for you, not for me): Triathlete's Training Bible, Triathlon 101 and Chi Running are sold.

Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Books! Books! Books! (TI, TTB, etc.) Rss Feed