General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Pills Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-03-02 5:28 PM
in reply to: #709214

User image

ABI TX
Subject: RE: Diet Pills
yeah. they also have machines you can hold on to that does just as accurate of a read as a pinch does. maybe you like to get pinched. thats cool. i dont.

2007-03-02 5:53 PM
in reply to: #709675

User image

Champion

They're not as accurate.  Saying it over and over again doesn't make it so.

betty_rydz - 2007-03-02 5:28 PM yeah. they also have machines you can hold on to that does just as accurate of a read as a pinch does. maybe you like to get pinched. thats cool. i dont.

2007-03-02 7:22 PM
in reply to: #706289

New user
Hammer Nutrition has a product called Appestat, which suppresses your appetite using natural ingredients. I used it when I got injured during marathon training last year. My body couldn't train, but it still wanted to eat like it was!

No side effects. No problem quitting using it. And it works.
2007-03-03 10:14 AM
in reply to: #709776

User image

Master
Portland, OR

markg72 - 2007-03-02 5:22 PM Hammer Nutrition has a product called Appestat, which suppresses your appetite using natural ingredients. I used it when I got injured during marathon training last year. My body couldn't train, but it still wanted to eat like it was! No side effects. No problem quitting using it. And it works.

There are several "natural" products out there which would be better (IMHO) than a synthetic drug.  (Especially the controlled substance drugs).

I still think the best "natural" way is diet and exercise.  Yes, it takes a LOT longer, but if you do it right, it works.  I know it's harder for older women but I just watched my mother in law go from a size 12 to a 4 in 18 months.  She's 57. No pills, no crazy diets.  She walked everyday and watched what she ate.  Lots of vegis...no processed foods, no soda (not even diet), no potato chips (not even baked), no fast food, very little eating out.  When she'd go out to dinner with us, she would usually have already eaten so she munched on a salad.  It was hard for her but WOW...she's looks amazing. 

It can be done.   

2007-03-03 10:53 AM

New user
I've lost 85lbs over the past 1 1/2yrs without ANY pills, etc. So I'm well aware it can be done.

2007-03-05 12:15 PM

User image

Expert
St. Louis, MO

Several years ago, I lost 60 pounds naturally.  It happened do to the change from being a lazy college student, 3 AM drunken fast food meals, binge beer drinking every weekend, etc. to working in a retail store, on my feet all day, walking all day, then off to the gym for 45 minutes of cardio. 

Due to time constraints at that job, I ate very little during the day, and ate very healthy dinners.

After that weight drop, I gained 20 of it back over 3 years, despite working out, tri training, healthy eating, etc.  It seems that the healthier I eat and the more I work out, the harder it is to lose pounds.  Then, add quitting smoking on top of that, in combination of sedentry desk job and 3 hour daily commuting time, I just can't seem to take it off.  I, also, am one of those people that needs validation constantly...so for me, seeing immediate results will help me to stick with my exercise and eating plans.

My jitteriness has seemed to subside, appetite is very suppressed and energy level feels great.  My Dr. wants to give me a checkup in a couple of weeks, then assess whether or not he will let me continue with the pills.

2007-03-05 12:29 PM
in reply to: #711850

User image

Master
Seattle, California
katieyows - 2007-03-05 10:15 AM

Several years ago, I lost 60 pounds naturally. It happened do to the change from being a lazy college student, 3 AM drunken fast food meals, binge beer drinking every weekend, etc. to working in a retail store, on my feet all day, walking all day, then off to the gym for 45 minutes of cardio.

Due to time constraints at that job, I ate very little during the day, and ate very healthy dinners.

After that weight drop, I gained 20 of it back over 3 years, despite working out, tri training, healthy eating, etc. It seems that the healthier I eat and the more I work out, the harder it is to lose pounds. Then, add quitting smoking on top of that, in combination of sedentry desk job and 3 hour daily commuting time, I just can't seem to take it off. I, also, am one of those people that needs validation constantly...so for me, seeing immediate results will help me to stick with my exercise and eating plans.

My jitteriness has seemed to subside, appetite is very suppressed and energy level feels great. My Dr. wants to give me a checkup in a couple of weeks, then assess whether or not he will let me continue with the pills.

This comment is made with no offence I hope.  But why not work on this first:

I also am one of those people that needs validation constantly

It seems like a big part of the problem. 

If you can't work that out what makes you think you are going to be able to get off the weight pills and go back to slow results.  That is if the pills give you the results you want in the first place.  It almost seems like a body builder who takes steroids to get big with the idea that they will go off of them once they can bench x pounds.  However once the results are there it's hard to go back to the lots of work for little results.  Weight loss is supposed to be slow and can be very hard work. 

2007-03-05 1:22 PM

User image

Expert
St. Louis, MO

No offense taken...

When I say validation, I really mean a small amount of quick, visible results to keep me on the correct path. 

Like I said, since my 60 pound weight loss, it seems very difficult to get a jump start.  My Dr. is hoping that once my body gets going, it will be easier to lose weight on its own. 

2007-03-05 3:15 PM
in reply to: #711996

User image

Master
Portland, OR
katieyows - 2007-03-05 11:22 AM

No offense taken...

When I say validation, I really mean a small amount of quick, visible results to keep me on the correct path.

Like I said, since my 60 pound weight loss, it seems very difficult to get a jump start. My Dr. is hoping that once my body gets going, it will be easier to lose weight on its own.

It seems that pills (these in particular) could potentially become a crutch vs. a kickstart.  But I'm not a doctor!  I watched some very large people around me do great on the pills but the weight came right back after they stopped taking them.  Hopefully that won't happen to you since it looks like you have a healthy lifestyle.  And kudos to you for quitting smoking!!!  I've heard that weight loss can be tricky when you stop smoking.  

Good luck! 

2007-03-05 3:55 PM

User image

Expert
St. Louis, MO
Crutch vs. Kickstart...that was my initial fear.  My Dr. said that once my body starts the weightloss routine, instead of storing/hoarding fat and my brain gets used to the idea of not needing as much food, I'll be able to come off of them.  Since I don't have THAT much weight to lose (meaning less than 40 pounds), I probably won't be on them very long.  He did, however, encourage me to let him know if I felt like I was becoming addicted to them. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Pills Rss Feed  

of 2