General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My new Avenir floor pump is not working Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-01 12:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Luray, Virginia
Subject: My new Avenir floor pump is not working
I bought the pump today after I found out that the on-bike pump I purchased would not fill my tires up enough. I filled both the tires and rode the bike. I was trying to check the psi on the tires, and apparently you have to hook the pump up and press down on the pump handle. I did this a couple times, and then there was a noise from the pump and I think it started letting air out. It now does this for each tire and won't pump them up...

Wtf... is it broken, or is there something I can do to get it working right? Maybe I blew an o-ring out of position? If not, I guess I'll take it back to the lbs...not cool.

EDIT:
Scratch that, apparently turning the gauge top in a circle made it go away...I don't know why it would do that.

Edited by ragingferret 2007-03-01 12:57 AM

2007-03-01 7:31 AM
in reply to: #707227

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: My new Avenir floor pump is not working
Verify that the top fo the pump is screwed in tightly.  If that does not do it, check the hose where it connects to the valve.  There should be a clamp there.  Tighten it onto the valve.  If neither of these work, return the pump where you bought it. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My new Avenir floor pump is not working Rss Feed