General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » looking for bikes - XC-mtb and road/tri bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2007-03-13 10:07 AM

User image

Master
Fenton, MI
Subject: looking for bikes - XC-mtb and road/tri bike
I'm looking for a couple bikes. I'm 6' even with a 31-32" inseam.

I want to upgrade my mtb bike to an XC/race hardtail. Mainly looking at about 19" frames, with XT or greater components. I prefer discs, but I could live with a decent v-brake set up. I don't mind a little age, as long as the condition is good. Looking for aluminum frames only. Trek geometry doesn't fit all that well. Not too interested in Giants either.

I also want to get a decent, not primo, road or tri bike. I am pretty new to road riding, and as I train for my first tri, I need to get accustomed to it. As the weather is breaking, I'm converting an older trek to a hybrid, but that isn't going to cut it as I prepare for my race.

What do you have? Feel free to PM me for my email address. I'd like to see some pics.

Also, I have a good friend that is a bike mechanic, so if needs a little work, I can live with that. As long as the price reflects it.

Thanks,

MJ

2007-03-15 3:22 PM
in reply to: #721133

User image

Master
Fenton, MI
Subject: RE: looking for bikes - XC-mtb and road/tri bike
Well, the MTB is out of the way. Not exactly what I was looking for, but its going to work. The deal was too good to pass up. RM Slayer, can't wait to get it here.

Still looking for a road/tri bike.... I'm not as picky on the components, just want a starter bike.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » looking for bikes - XC-mtb and road/tri bike Rss Feed