General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I guess I jumped in first without reading! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-27 6:05 PM

New user

Portland, Maine
Subject: I guess I jumped in first without reading!
Hi Everyone,

I already posted to the triathlon training forum this morning and then saw the "introduce yourself" section later. Opps. Yes, I have been lurking and checking the site out and really like it. I started triathlons two years ago after seeing a friend of mine compete professionally in Lake Placid and have been hooked ever since. We actually keep returning to Lake Placid Ironman every year to support the athletes. Someday I hope to do it.

I really love triathlons and doing them has really changed my way of living for the better. I recently moved to Portland, Maine after living in Ithaca, NY. I was in my first tri club there and I have to say there is nothing like having folks be supportive of you as you make your way across the lake and pull in last. So, this site is great as I find a new community of tri folks to connect with. And, I agree the Olympics being so inspiring which was why I emailed today to figure out how to train for my last race of the season. I even registered for my first marathon today. It is official. Dec. 5th...26.2 miles.

CeCe

2004-08-27 6:20 PM
in reply to: #54616

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Subject: RE: I guess I jumped in first without reading!
How gauche!! (o:

Welcome to the board CeCe. I'd noticed you posting elsewhere and should have said welcome then. So welcome, from the world's slowest triathlete. Great to have you here. What I lack in talent, I make up for in faithful posting!!

I've been around the sport now for a bit over 2 years myself, and absolutely love it. Can never go back I guess!

So you know a professional triathlete do you?? Care to disclose?? If not, no pressure, just curious, as we have a lot of pros come out to our venues in California.

Dana
2004-08-28 9:34 AM
in reply to: #54627

New user

Portland, Maine
Thanks for the welcome Dana. I see you are from Berkeley. Love that place and the area in general. I grew up in Northern Cal. Do you ever make it to Intermezzo's? It is definitely my favorite salad place on Telegraph and when I come home to visit I always go there first thing. My husband thinks I am crazy that I only want to go to this salad place for lunch when there are other great places to eat in the Bay area.

Well, I think I am the world's slowest swimmer but I throw on the wetsuit and go....! What is holding me back is the ocean swim. A bit nervous. I just swam in a lake for the first time last year. Maybe next year I will take on the ocean. I won't be seeing that documentary though....

I just got back from a very humid run. I have to say I am nervous about my running mileage increasing. With sprint training, the running mileage was never long. This marathon training will be definitely mental. Ever go up behind Berkeley stadium for runs up cardiac hill (I think that is what it is called?)?

You live in a beautiful place!!! CeCe
2004-08-28 10:20 AM

Champion

Welcome to the group...and welcome to New England too Cece.  At least we bailed you out of New York!  Granted, there is a nice guitar store in Ithaca.  Don't worry about the "jumping in first" bit....glad to have your input here.  There's quite a few of us "New Englanders"...perhaps we'll see you at one of the triathlons.  Ask plenty of questions if you need, we're always here to help.  And don't worry about the slow swimming or running...the main goal is to train as hard as you are able, and enjoy the triathlon for the fun!  Your only competitor is yourself!

Edited by max 2004-08-28 10:20 AM
2004-08-28 12:53 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

welcome and glad your life has changed for the better. 

you will be at placid someday soon...good luck on the last race and the marathon.

2004-08-28 2:57 PM
in reply to: #54694

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Intermezzo--I know it well. Although I honestly haven't gone to any of the 'campus' restaurants since I graduated. You get to where you can't handle the parking headache!!

And no I don't run up Cardiac Hill, but I do bike from the flatlands (I live by the Marina) up to the top of Grizzly Peak. I love it! My running is my Achilles heel, so I really ought to be working on it.

Next time you come out this way, you should definitely buzz me! I love this town. I've lived here for ~15 years (good Lord!)

Dana

2004-08-28 4:09 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome cece!  Good luck with your marathon - and with tri training!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I guess I jumped in first without reading! Rss Feed