General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Alone in Cincinnati Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-21 9:57 PM

Subject: Training Alone in Cincinnati
Well, I've resisted the temptation to begin posting on internet forums until now. In fact, I think this is my first ever internet forum post. I live in Cincinnati and have been competing in triathlons for the past two years. I am presently training for my first HIM (Gulf Coast Tri) but am having a hard time staying focused on my long rides and long runs. Is there anyone out there living in Cincinnati like me that has been training alone and would like a training partner? I would say I'm a pretty average speed cyclist and runner. I live in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati. I usually do my long swim and run on Saturdays and my long ride on Sundays. I typically do my long rides on the Little Miami bike trail, but I'm flexible about where I'll ride. Let me know if you're interested in a training partner.

2007-03-22 7:41 AM
in reply to: #732585

User image

Veteran
Downers Grove
Subject: RE: Training Alone in Cincinnati

I actually posted something similiar on here a while ago. I live in the Deer Park/Kenwood area of Cincinnati and am actually training for my first tri ever! Check out my logs if you want to see if my times are around yours and if you want to meet up sometime. I ususally get my bike in early Saturday morning and Long run on Sundays. Next couple weeks might not be great, I'll be getting some longer distance for the Flying Pig. PM me if you want to try and get a time worked out if we're on the same page for workouts.

2007-04-20 3:11 PM
in reply to: #732755

New user
Cincinnati, OH
Subject: RE: Training Alone in Cincinnati
Hey guys. I just saw your post. I live in Loveland and would be interested in training together sometime. Right now, training for Kentucky Derby Festival half marathon in a couple, Little Smokies triathlon (HIM) end of May, and Caesar Creek triathlon, which are all just training for IM Louisville at the end of August. As my ride distance increases and it's gets warmer earlier, I plan on doing my long rides on Saturday morning at the crack of dawn (keep the interference with family as minimal as possible) and long runs on Sunday, either in the morning or afternoon (actually preferrably afternoon to work on running in the heat but this may not always be possible). For rides, I typically start at my house, pass through downtown Loveland and ride out in the "country". I do a lot of my runs on the Loveland Bike Trail. For long rides, I usually average between 18mph and 20mph. For long runs, 8:15 - 9:00/mile. Just so you have some idea of my fitness/ability level, my marathon PR is 3:43, HIM 5:12 and one and only IM, 12:21. Hope it works out sometime. Happy and safe training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Alone in Cincinnati Rss Feed