General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie Panic - any ideas as to how to deal? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-28 7:32 PM

Subject: Newbie Panic - any ideas as to how to deal?
Suddenly, after being an open water swimmer all my life, competetion has me in a panic.

How do I return to my pre Prep attitude?

I have about 4 weeks to bring myself back to normal.

how do I regain confidence?

2004-08-28 9:31 PM
in reply to: #54771

User image

Veteran
Joysey
Subject: RE: Newbie Panic - any ideas as to how to deal?
Well, for my first open water swim I was actually KICKED into the water by my training partner and I have to say, it was the best thing that he could have done for me.

I was also having some motivation problems a while back and I put a post up here in the forums. Well, the best advice thatI was given was to just get out there and do it and then think twice about it afterwards. I know that it is easier said than done but it REALLY does work. I would think that I wanted to go out and train and before I could talk myself out of it I had on my training clothes and was out the door.

Keep the faith and think about this motto that I read in our "Quote" forum, : "Take no prisoners" Words to live by.

Shauna
2004-08-30 12:20 PM
in reply to: #54771

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Newbie Panic - any ideas as to how to deal?
Get in the water with some friends swimming around you.  And let them hit your feet and slap your head - it will at least get you prepared for swimming in competition!  Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie Panic - any ideas as to how to deal? Rss Feed