General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Infinit? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-24 2:00 AM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: Infinit?

Can someone tell me what the heck this is and why it's good to use it?

I keep reading about it in various places, but I'm still confused.  Anyone use it?  What do you think?

2007-03-24 7:11 AM
in reply to: #735377

Extreme Veteran
South Park, PA
Subject: RE: Infinit?

infinit http://www.infinitnutrition.us/ is a calorie replacement drink (like carbo-pro or sustained energy) plus an electrolyte replacement (like g'aid). 

i am working through my first container now based on the feedback recieved on ST.  i went custom mostly as i don't like a lot of flavour and i'm loving it.  i had used both SE & carbopro and it made me gaseous in longer races and after three four hour rides + runs with the infinit have had no issues in that dept.   i am also finding you don't get the ups and downs you get with gels -  an example being on my 2nd ride with it i thought i'd use a gel as i used to previously (power gel to get used to them for IM) and omg...the sugar crash was ugly.  30mi from home too.  i went back to just the infinit and pulled out of it and finished the ride feeling really good.  now i'm leaving the gels and gummi bears home.

one note, you may want to eliminate or reduce the protein (as i will next order) as it can get quite Endurox frothy like on the run i'm told.

i'll certainly like only having to worry about water handups at my races as well.

k

2007-03-24 12:58 PM

User image

Regular
Kaneohe,Hawaii

Agree with what poster above said. It is really good stuff. The customer service is really good and if you have questions or are unsure of what to get call them or email and they will help you out. Another plus is being able to custom mix your drink to how you like it. You can go heavy flavor or no flavor, plus u can choose caffiene, protein or what ever works best for you.
The protein mix can get frothy on the run, so most people use no protein on the run.

I have been using it for about a year, I used it for Honu last year and it was great! Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Matt

2007-03-24 3:48 PM

User image

Elite
Texas
Excellent stuff. I've been using it for about 9 months and I've had no problems. I have two formulas, one for training under 2 hours and one for 2 or more. The longer formula has an amino acid formula, no protein in my case. And they both have a lot of electrolytes as I have a high sweat rate. I highly recommend it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Infinit? Rss Feed