General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie in SW Illinois Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-27 7:09 PM

User image

Subject: Another newbie in SW Illinois
I am in week #2 of Mike Pates couch to Sprint program. I feel like I am going to do it this time. I am an Olympic couch potato @ 6'4" and 284#'s. At 37 I have got to make this change, we have a 3 year old son and I want to be around for a long time. I have signed-up for the Mid August Meltdown in Effingham,Il, so I have to do it now. I have enjoyed this web site, lots of great stuff. the "no-brainer" EATING plan has been very easy to do.

2007-03-29 1:06 PM
in reply to: #739415

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Another newbie in SW Illinois

Welcome aboard samsdad!!!  Stick to the plan and you'll do great in August.

What part if IL are you in? I grew up in Decatur and Shelbyville.  Don't know how close to Decatur you are, but if you're ever needing a quality bike shop, be sure to stop by Spin City Cycles.  The owner (Kyle) is a great guy.

2007-04-02 3:08 PM
in reply to: #739415

User image

Expert
In limbo
Subject: RE: Another newbie in SW Illinois
Hi samsdad. Always nice to meet another couch potato! Glad to hear things are going well for you so far. I'm just over a month in to the "couch to 5k" plan from this site. It's slow going but I am seeing minor improvements. Good luck to you and welcome to the site! People here are awesome and very supportive!

Lacey
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie in SW Illinois Rss Feed