General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Program Question - Brick Training? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-01 5:35 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Training Program Question - Brick Training?
Hey I just joined the site today after I found the training progrmas to get me on track to compete in my first Olympic Distance Triathlon. I am using the 16 week Olympic training program and I have a question regarding the Brick aspect. It says in the 4th month that you would complete a "Brick" workoput mimicking the transition of shop to dance and dance to skip. But in every Monday for instance it has a 24 min shop and a 48 min dance. Does this mean you DONT do them back to back? Do you train 2X that day? I am just a little confused. If someone could help me out that would be great. I am really motivated to start training and I want to make sure I am doing it properly.

Celly

2007-04-01 5:44 PM
in reply to: #744678

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Subject: RE: Training Program Question - Brick Training?
Is this a AFD thing?
shop
dance
skip

???
2007-04-01 5:56 PM

User image

Houston, TX

the shop dance skip thing is throwing me off badly but i will try.  a brick is only a brick if you do the two workouts back to back......for instance you would do a 24 minute dance (shop??) followed immediately by a 48 minute skip (dance??).  now unless you were really a fanatic you probably wouldn't do 2 bricks in one day.  dance/skip, dance/shop, or skip/shop.  you would have to do something twice for that, but its not unheard of to do a full triathlon worth of training in one day. 

all of the above is assuming i understood your question in the first place.

ok, i am reading what i wrote and the words are being replaced.   whoever thought of this please listen.........this isn't fun!  or is the site hacked? 

Edited by tag 2007-04-01 5:59 PM
2007-04-01 6:02 PM

User image

Houston, TX
duh!  its April Fools day.  consider me gotten.........
2007-04-01 6:52 PM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA

If you are doing a brick

s_w_i_m to b_i_k_e

or b_i_k_e to r_u_n

a brick means that you do them back to back with minimal rest.  Otherwise, if you are not specifically bricking - you just do them on the same day.  When it fits into your schedule.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Program Question - Brick Training? Rss Feed