General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Coming out Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-04 9:08 AM

Subject: Coming out
I just scrolled the User list and really got present to how many people are actualy using this site, it's quite amazing. I also got present to how stingy I have been by keeping myself hidden.
I joined about a month ago and have been playing and recording results, not playing and beating myself up...but never quite asking for help.
What's there for me is that I don't want anyone to know that I am playing the NEWBY Triathalon game. That way I don't have a commitment, I'm not accountable and if I fail or bail there will be no one to remind me of it but mostly no one will know.
Except that is...... ME!
And this creates a problem I can lie to others but not to myself.
So I am coming out to play on the field with INTEGRITY and I know that I can't do it alone and will need your help and the people in my life.
So hello, my name is Goshka and I am a beginner and have no idea how to start this. I have never done anything like this before.

2004-09-04 10:23 AM
in reply to: #57729

User image

Expert
Iowa
Subject: RE: Coming out
Welcome and congratulations. You're going to love this community and the help you can receive here.
2004-09-04 11:47 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome!  Good luck training.  Use the logs and ask questions along the way - we all support each other. 
2004-09-04 3:28 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the T-Spot!  Great to have you here.
2004-09-04 11:57 PM

Goshka, glad to have you aboard, brother. I am also new to the sport. Hey, don't beat yourself up over this. Who cares whether or not this is a commitment lasting several months or several years or a lifetime. Who cares. Just go out and enjoy yourself. Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn -- no one would or will hold that against you.

Jack
2004-09-05 3:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
las vegas
welcome to the site goshka! this is a great community where you will only receive support if you fail or bail and as an added bonus, the people here will help you to avoid both. if you have questions, ask them...chances are there are a number of us with the same questions! congratulations on your committment!

2004-09-05 9:58 AM

Regular
north end of vancouver island, BC, Canada
Welcome to the site!!! There are a great many people here to help you on your way to tri. You actually do know how to "start this", because you came here!!! Triathlon is a great sport that forces you to be accountable to yourself. You are incharge of training, nutrition, gear, race scheduling, etc etc etc., so, if you want to be a triathlete you have come to a great site for information, motivation and training support.

Believe in yourself....listen to your body.....have fun!!!!!

Darlene
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Coming out Rss Feed