General Discussion Triathlon Talk » door county triathlon - how big is this bluff? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-22 12:49 AM

Subject: door county triathlon - how big is this bluff?
i'm doing my first triathlon in 2 months in Door County. Can anyone give me a comparison to a hill in/near madison as to how big their bluff really is? i want to start training on a similar one....or get my money refunded depending on how big it is:-)

2007-04-22 8:20 AM
in reply to: #771618

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: door county triathlon - how big is this bluff?

Dont worry about it.  Its just a really short really steep hill.  If I had to guess the steepest part is probably 1/4 mi long and ascends 75-80 ft.  I think the whole hill is around .4 mi and around 100 ft ascent.  All you gotta do is take short steps and youll get up it alright.  Also, be prepared for a short hill after the initial descent.  Its one of those tricky hills where you get up the worst of it, you think youre done, but then road curves and theres another short climb.

I dont leave in Madison, so I cant really compare. But if you want to start training hills, just hop on some shorter steeper hills and youll be fine.  Check out the elevation maps on the dc tri site too.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » door county triathlon - how big is this bluff? Rss Feed