General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Thinking about doing an Ironman..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-05 3:35 PM

Subject: Thinking about doing an Ironman.....
Hello fellow atheletes! A little history on where I'm at ....I hae run 6 marathon's,my best time being 4:09....I just completed my first mini-triathalon...100 yd swim-1.2 mile run-15 mile bike ride,followed by a 3.5 mile trail run...very,very fun...now I'm thinking what the heck? Just sign up to do the Wisconsin Ironman Triathalon in Oct,2005 ....am I crazy? Stacy

2004-09-05 4:19 PM
in reply to: #57943

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Thinking about doing an Ironman.....
Welcome!  well, it depends on your biking and swimming abilities.  Sounds like you have the run down.  It's an exciting goal - go for it if you think you are up for it!  And do more of the shorter distance stuff and maybe a 1/2 IM before the IM - just to practice a few months before the big race!  Good luck!

Edited by COgirl 2004-09-05 4:19 PM
2004-09-05 5:11 PM

User image

Expert
England

Hi - great goal that many people here seem to share.

I guess that physical ability aside, there is also the time involved to train to those levels. If you have a load of family, work etc commitments it may be tough to balance those with the many hours in the pool and on the road to get ready. Try reading 'Going Long' for a good idea of whats involved. I'm sure if you want it enough.......

Whatever you chose to aim for, good luck!

2004-09-05 8:01 PM

User image

Central Louisiana

Most of us have thought about an Ironman race and now just may not be the right time for some of us.  If it is right for you, go for it!

Welcome to the T-Spot!

2004-09-05 9:38 PM
in reply to: #57951

Thank you so much for your support! I'm surfing the web right now for some information/books on how to train properly...I Love this stuff!!
2004-09-05 9:40 PM
in reply to: #57956

Damon,Thank you your support and the book you suggested I read.....Have you done a full Triathalon yet?

2004-09-05 9:57 PM

User image

Portsmouth NH
I think it's a great idea!! I signed up for ironman lake placid next year, but I am crazy. ironman wisconsin is supposed to be a really fun one. there a lot of college students there to cheer you on throughout the course unlike some of the other ones where you could be alone on the course for hours at a time and it's mostly flat :-). Something you may not know is that wisconsin is held in september not october. This year is on the 12th and next year should be on the 11th or the 18th. Also the registration for next year will open the day after this years on the 13th. registration usually fills very very quickly (usually within 36-48 hrs - lake placid did in about 35 hrs). you can check it out here http://www.ironmanwisconsin.com/index.php
good luck - I hope you do it!!
2004-09-05 10:00 PM
in reply to: #58034

You have no idea how greatful I am for your response! THANK YOU!!! I'm checking out the website right now.....I will keep you posted on my progress ) Again,thank you!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Thinking about doing an Ironman..... Rss Feed