General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello Everybody Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-06 4:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Okinawa, Japan
Subject: Hello Everybody
Hello,

I have just recently gotten interested in triathlons. I started swimming at lunch times, and one day I decided that a tri is something that I want to do. As of right now I don't have a bike, but I am working on that. If anybody knows of any good bike shops in Okinawa, or of anybody trying to sell their bike here, let me know. My available price range isn't very high...less than $500 is preferable. I am actually scheduled to do my first tri in May 2005 (Ishigaki Triathlon). My brother-in-law wants to do the team event. He wants me to do the swim, he will do the run, and his friend will do the bike. That is fine with me, but if possible, I would also like to do the whole race on my own, using the swim time for both the team event, and to count towards my individual time. Does anybody know if it works like that, or is that kind of arangement not allowed? Well, got to get going.

Jerry

2004-09-06 9:05 AM
in reply to: #58116

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Hello Everybody

First welocme to the T-Spot!

Most tri's will not allow you to race individually and as a team, because it hard to keep things straight as relays teams usually have a race number that signifies that they are a relay team and the race timing uses those numbers.

2004-09-06 12:05 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Welcome to the site. You will get a lot of help and knowledge from 99.9% of the people on this site. Good luck on your training.
2004-09-06 2:17 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Welcome to BT!  Yeah, I also think they won't let you do both the relay and individual, but you never know unless you ask.  Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello Everybody Rss Feed