General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero bars and indoor bike trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-01 8:14 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Aero bars and indoor bike trainer
I am looking at getting aero bars for my bike. Which are the most comfortable aero bars? I have no experience with them. Also, does anyone have an indoor bike trainer and if so which kind. I am thinking about getting one.

2007-05-01 8:32 PM
in reply to: #784508

User image

antigo wisconsin
Subject: RE: Aero bars and indoor bike trainer
I have profile design areolite I have long arms the areolite have incredible adjustability.
2007-05-01 9:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park, KS (Like the OC but OP)

TriathleteMike - 2007-05-01 8:14 PM I am looking at getting aero bars for my bike. Which are the most comfortable aero bars? I have no experience with them. Also, does anyone have an indoor bike trainer and if so which kind. I am thinking about getting one.

Most ultracyclists I've been around including myself like Syntace C2 clipons. As for indoor trainer I bought a Health Club grade used Startrek V-bike on Ebay 3 years ago for 140, another 130 to ship, and have used it a lot A lot as in 24 + straight hours on it in Dec/Jan and just about every night in the off-season for at least 1.5 hours. I also own a computrainer with a dedicated road bike attached. I prefer the no maintenance of the spin bike better.

Eya!!

2007-05-01 11:48 PM

User image

Master
Denver
Aerobars come in different lengths, and have various hand positions. The Profile carbon stryke bars are popular. I would not recommend S- bend bars as your first set of aerobars as they lay out your wrists in the most agressive position you'll often see pros using.
2007-05-02 7:18 AM

User image

Master
New York
IMO it's a matter of personal preference - you should go down to your local LBS and feel a few different kinds that they have on their bikes. There are a ton of models/designs out there, and there isn't really one that's the "most" comfortable. I used to have Profile T2+ S-bends on my old bike, which I liked a lot and to me were very comfortable. My tri bike now has Vision Tech r-bend bars which I like okay, but they're not the greatest. Check a few out and go with what works for you.

As for trainers, I have a piece of crap CycleOps Wind that I got on eBay for like $40. It sounds like rush hour traffic in my apartment when I'm on it, but hey, it was $40. Expect to spend $150+ for a new one.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero bars and indoor bike trainer Rss Feed