General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Youth Tri Series-Austin/Round Rock area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-06 6:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Round Rock, TX
Subject: Youth Tri Series-Austin/Round Rock area
I wanted to put the word out about a great triathlon series being put on in the Round Rock area. Milissa Day of Tri Texas 2 Step is putting on a duathlon Saturday, May 19th at Creekside pool with the run on the Brushy Creek trail. My three daughters have been part of her triathlon club and have learned so much. The series will continue with a week long camp in June as well as a triathlon at the Rockin River waterpark across from the Dell Diamond. The last triathlon will be in July and will take place with the AT&T Games of Texas.

Even if you don't have kids she is ALWAYS in need of volunteers. It is such a joy to watch those kids!

Here is the website if you'd like more info... http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=tritx2stepyouthtri

THanks!
Robin

2007-05-07 8:15 AM
in reply to: #790640

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Subject: RE: Youth Tri Series-Austin/Round Rock area
My 7-year-old daughter is planning to participate in the July race.  It will be her first triathlon, so we're already very excited!
2007-05-07 8:52 AM

User image

Veteran
Round Rock, TX
That is great! I had two of my girls do the Cedar Park Tri. I think I had more butterflies in my stomach than them.
2007-05-07 6:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Yeah...we were all set to do that race (it's about a mile from our house), had worked hard on the training and everything.  Then my daughter fell out of a tree and broke her right collarbone Saturday evening.  We were both really REALLY disappointed, and probably me more so than her.  So, since we don't want all of her hard work to go to waste, we'll do the Round Rock one instead.  She should be all healed up by the beginning of July so that will give her a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Youth Tri Series-Austin/Round Rock area Rss Feed