Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Email notification for race report replies? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-06 9:19 PM

User image

Expert
In limbo
Subject: Email notification for race report replies?

Why am I getting email notices when someone replies to other race reports I've replied to, but not when someone replies to my race report?  What's up with that?

Thanks!

2007-05-08 9:13 AM
in reply to: #790765

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Email notification for race report replies?

I checked out your acct and it looks like you are subscribed to several threads, some of which may be Race Reports.  So if somebody else replies, you will get email notifications on the update.

You can turn off individual threads that you chose to get updates on by going to your Control Panel and going to the 'unsubscribe from threads' link and select the threads you want off the list.  Hopefully the RR threads will be there.

You can also turn off all email notifications to threads in the control panel too.

Let us know if this was the issue or not.

2007-05-08 9:51 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Chicago 'burbs
Bronze member

Correct me if I'm wrong, lil_turtle...

I think what she meant was that you don't get an email notification if someone responds to your own race report.

When I enter a race report, I find myself constantly revisiting the thread to see if anyone else has posted to it since I am not notified by email that it's been updated.

HTH 

2007-05-08 10:09 AM
in reply to: #792845

User image

Champion
Gold member

NOTE, there 'may' be a bug with only the race report forum that you have to toggle the notification even though your control panel says you will get notifications to any thread you start or reply to. 

lil_turtle, I don't see you as subscribed to 'furry scurry 5k' - go to that thread and toggle the email notification at the bottom-see if that works.

Same with you Laura, you are not subscribed to your most recent race reports.

The race report forum is custom since it loads the race report template, so it my bypass the default forum thread notifications unless you specifically go in and toggle it to your race report thread yourself.

Try it and let me know if you then get notifications.  Do you ALSO get notifications if you respond to someone elses race report?

We can probably easily fix this if that's the case...probably just a programming oversight when we made that special forum long ago.

2007-05-08 10:18 AM
in reply to: #792865

User image

Master
Southwest Chicago 'burbs
Bronze member
Ron - 2007-05-08 10:09 AM

Do you ALSO get notifications if you respond to someone elses race report?

Yes - when I respond to someone else's race report I do get the email notification.

I'll manually subscribe to my own race report and see what happens.  Thanks!!!! 

2007-05-08 10:22 AM
in reply to: #792845

User image

Expert
In limbo
StartingToTri - 2007-05-08 8:51 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, lil_turtle...

I think what she meant was that you don't get an email notification if someone responds to your own race report.

When I enter a race report, I find myself constantly revisiting the thread to see if anyone else has posted to it since I am not notified by email that it's been updated.

HTH 

Yep...exactly.  If I post on someone elses race report I get the email notification automatically, but with my own I have to keep checking back to see because I don't get notified.  Ron I'll check it out and see if I can subscribe to it through the forum.  Thanks for your help! 

2007-05-08 10:27 AM

User image

Expert
In limbo

Ok I went back to my race report and clicked the check box saying I wanted to receive email notifications for the thread....it was unchecked before, so I guess that was the problem.  With everything else (posts I've started, replies to other people's posts, and replies to other people's race reports) it's always been the automatic default to receive the email notices.  It seems that it's only different for race reports I post.  Now that I know how to change it though it's not a big deal, I can just make sure I go back and check the box after I post one. 

Thanks! 

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Email notification for race report replies? Rss Feed