General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-12 6:33 PM

User image

Expert
Oak Ridge,
Subject: Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K

Those of you that've run the Mystic Places Marathon and 10 miler in the past probably already received the following email but bottome line, it looks like the marathon is no more.  Replaced with a 1/2 mary and 5k to be held on September 30th 2007. 

Excerpt from the email is posted below. 

Dear Past Mystic Places/Country Marathon Participant,

I would like to thank you for participating in our event. It has been Southeastern Connecticut's largest participatory athletic event since its inception. Mystic Coast & Country, an owner of the event, recently decided to dissolve its ownership of the race.

The race committee has decided to put on the Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K on September 30, 2007. For race information visit
www.nianticbayhalfmarathon.com. The Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K will continue to be staged in the picturesque Rocky Neck State Park. The two loop Half Marathon course will be flatter and more scenic than the marathon course was while a 5K race will be added. Both events will start and finish near the beach. After the race, participants will enjoy an outdoor beach party with live music, food and beverages. The race field will be limited to 1,500 participants. The new event will continue to benefit numerous local charities.

On Sunday, September 30, the Half Marathon and 5K race will start and finish at East Lyme's Rocky Neck State Park. The two loop half marathon course will run around Rocky Neck State Park and Giants Neck. The 5K course will be run entirely within Rocky Neck. Participants will enjoy an event t-shirt, sports massage, chip timing, on course entertainment, and a post race snack. We have over 300 volunteers committed to making sure you enjoy our race.

2007-05-13 6:45 AM
in reply to: #798289

Pro
Andover
Subject: RE: Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K
If I'm around, I'll probably do the 1/2. Hopefully I'll be recovered from LP by then and it should be a good tune-up for the Cape Cod Mary.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Niantic Bay Half Marathon & 5K Rss Feed