General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 9/23/07: 1st Annual Extrememan HIM (Madison!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-08-04 8:47 AM
in reply to: #801322

Online or Offline
Subject: RE: 9/23/07: 1st Annual Extrememan HIM (Madison!)

I just looked at their website again and now I can't find the forums, and still can't figure out/find who the Race Director is.

I see that they are USAT certified....so, that's a start.

However, for $150, I'd like to know that I am going to get a T-Shirt, a medal, and edible post-race food. Warm food, with meat, not that bullsh!t that they put out after marathons (fruit, cookies, yogurt). I also cannot find anything on the website addressing any of that. I DO see that he has cafepress.com SELLING Extrememan merchandise.

Water stops? Where? With what?

If anyone sees any of this updated, please post. Or maybe it IS updated, and I just don't see it.

The venue seems nice, and I'd like to do it if I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off so early on in the decision to do it.

2007-08-04 8:52 AM

Online or Offline

OK. We'll see how and when they respond. I sent them a message on their website.

1) How many water stops and aid stations on both the run and bike?

2) Does registration include a Tshirt, or do we have to purchase them from cafepress.com?

3) Is there post race food, and of what?

4) Are there Finisher's Medals?

5) Who is the race director?

Thanks and hope to see you soon!

2007-08-04 11:41 AM

User image

Expert
Avon, CT
The Xman website pretty much blows. The forum for the race also blows. When I was planning to do this one I looked for info on the site and found nothing useful. Let us know what you find out May!
2007-08-05 10:56 AM

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut

Hi All - I am registered for the Nutmeg 1/2 IM in Litchfield.

I rode  the course about three weeks ago with some of the people in my tri-group. It is a really tough course there is on each lap about a 20 mile section of "Rolling Hills" as they describe it. To make it clear these are steep rollers and back to back with very little recovery time. I ride a lot steeper hills in training but I found this ride really tough. I am a good hill climber but found this a real challenge. I think a part of this was down to 92 deg temps and 60% humidity so hopefully wont be that hot in Sep. Also there is no shade on the bike or run course.

I was hoping to average 18 - 19 miles and hour on the ride. Having ridden it there is no way I can do it on this course.

So all in all a tough course but very pretty the run and ride bit of Lake Waramugh is beautiful.

Not sure if any of you CT peeps are going to be out there this coming weekend, but 4 -5 of us in my tri group are racing the sprint on Saturday at Lake Waramugh and then staying overnight Saturday to ride the course on Sunday.  

Rgds

JG

2007-08-10 12:38 PM
in reply to: #913398

Online or Offline

PollyC - 2007-08-04 12:41 PM The Xman website pretty much blows. The forum for the race also blows. When I was planning to do this one I looked for info on the site and found nothing useful. Let us know what you find out May!

Yeah, I've written this jacka$$ race off for sure. I KNOW it doesn't take 6 days for a friggin email to reach the RD, still no answers. F 'em.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 9/23/07: 1st Annual Extrememan HIM (Madison!) Rss Feed  

of 2