BT Development Mentor Program Archives » CerveloP3's Group is Full!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-16 9:55 PM

User image

Expert
South Bend, IN
Subject: CerveloP3's Group is Full!!!

CerveloP3 / Gannon

Hi! My name is Gannon, and I have been doing Triathlons since 2004. I competed in my first tri, which was a sprint, as a fluke. I was hooked when I crossed the finish line, and signed up to do three more. I am totally obsessed with it. I absolutely love this sport and everything about it. No matter how much I can hurt in a race, I always look forward to the next one.

I am married, and own a business in South Bend, IN. I really have to find creative ways to trian due to the amount of travel and time restrictions I have. I have my own coach, who happens to be a professional triathlete, and a close personal friend. I hope to be able to give some of my insight and experience to those of you who choose me to be a mentor in your journey down the path of multisport.

I am training mostly for Half Ironman distance races this year, although I am doing a sprint and some foot races as well. I have already done a half marathon, a full duathlon (Powerman Alabama) and I have just completed the Gulf Coast Triahlon, a HIM.

Last year I did 2 HIM, a couple sprints and some 10k, and Half Mary's. I hope to do HIM for a couple years and delve into IM around 2010 or so. I look at this as a journey and not a one time achievement in which I complete a race and look to the next challenge. This is a challeneg that will make me better and better with time.

I personally don't have any weightloss goals, but I have lost some weight due to the change in training. I sued to be mor emuscular, but have lost some of my size and am more fit and toned. I am pretty good about what I eat, and notrition and lifestyle choices overall.  My experience is pretty extensive in dealing with athletes, nutrition and training, and I know that I should be able to help you get nothing but closer to the goals we help set for you.

Edited by cerveloP3 2007-05-22 12:19 PM

2007-05-17 5:11 PM
in reply to: #803957

User image

Expert
oregon ave,
Subject: RE: CerveloP3's Group is OPEN!!!
Hi Gannon.  I'd like to join your group.  My name is Mike, I am 38 years old, married and have two kids.  I have signed up for my first two sprint tris this summer.  One is July22nd and the other is two weeks later on August 5th.  I have been running since November, actually training since March.  I did not know how to swim and have learned (sort of) how via books, this site and TI video.  I would like to do an olympic length next year then maybe a full IM when I am 40.  I got hooked by a friend and do it mostly for the fun and fitness part of it.  The more I train, the more I just dig it all.  Let me know what you think.
2007-05-18 7:48 AM
in reply to: #805613

User image

Expert
South Bend, IN

Mike,

Thanks for signing up. I will be following up with an email to you to get further info. Congrats and lets get going for your goals!

Gannon

2007-05-18 10:44 AM

User image

Regular
St. Louis metro east , clinton co Il
Hello my name is Brian and would be interested in joining your group.
I am a 32y/o married guy with three kids 9,6,3. I work approx 10 days a month as a paramedic so training time is open.
I have done one Du so far this year and had some other tris planned, but unexpected illness had me out for the month of april. I am now rebuilding and needing to get back in the swing of things. so any help I can get will be great.
nutrition is a little shaky as I cant eat some of the healthier things.
But I look forward to hearing from you.
2007-05-18 1:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Calgary, Alberta
I think this might be what I need to get me through the season.

I'd like to join the group as well, if you'll have me.

I'm Erin, a 25 y/o (well, will be in a few weeks) gal from Calgary, Alberta who just picked up this sport a year ago. Originally I trained with two co-workers, neither who have been able to keep up training or motivation to stay on the bright side this year, leaving me a little too much to my own devices. Last year I completed 1 super sprint and 2 sprints. This year I am signed up for 1 super sprint, and will hopefully do 2 sprints, with my big event being my first Oly in August. The sky's the limit, and one day I'd be thrilled to call myself an Iron(wo)man.

I am a biologist with an environmental consulting company, and as a result I have to be creative with my training when I get thrown out in the field at a moment's notice.

I tried to build my base over the winter. I got an indoor trainer and competed in the December swim challenge.

I am not too fussy with using fancy electronic gizmos to track my perfomance, but prefer to go on how I feel. I don't know how long I'll be able to get by with that.

Wow, I started every paragraph with an I. There's a lot more, of course, but I don't need to divulge everything in the first post, do I??

Nutrition is something that I would like to learn more about.

Thanks! looking forward to the support
2007-05-20 7:08 AM
in reply to: #807019

User image

Expert
South Bend, IN

Hello all,

I am happy to have you guys here. i will be gettingyou an email today to egt furtehr info from you all.

2007-05-21 8:07 AM
in reply to: #808334

Austin
I'd like to join the group also!

I am a 38 yr old from Austin.
I am married and have 3 kiddos (10,9 and 5).

I completed my first triathlon on May 12 and I have another
scheduled for June 24 - both sprints.

For the past 6 yrs or so, I have been doing weight training and before Jan, I had
gained more weight then I wanted. I got a book - Eat to Live and followed the
6 week plan - I ended up losing 20 lbs and I started actually using my stationary
bike. I then started running and one Sat I watched the Ironman race on TV and I thought,
I'd like to try that!

Thanks!
Brian
2007-05-21 11:24 PM

User image

Master
I'd like to join your group. My name is Rene. I'm a 43, married with 2 kids (16 and 14) and two dogs. I'm a cyclist who started running last year. So far this year I've completed 2 half marathons and lots of 5-10ks. I would like to complete a marathon in 2007/early 2008. Cycling was my favorite sport until I started running and swimming.

Last summer I set a goal of completing a Tri during 2007. I didn't know how to swim at the time that I set the goal. Took TI classes until I could kind of swim. Stopped swimming when I went back to work full time. A friend talked me into signing up for a tri. I went ahead and signed up last month knowing it would force me back into the pool.

Completed my first Tri yesterday. I loved it! Eventually I would like to work up to longer tri distances as the swim improves.

Thanks!
Rene

Edited by CYCLISTtuRUNsTRI 2007-05-21 11:26 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » CerveloP3's Group is Full!!! Rss Feed