General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Heel Spurs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-24 6:51 AM

User image

Regular
Grantville, Ga
Subject: Heel Spurs
I have been having achilles problems on both feet for the past 3 months. I finally went to the doctor and found out I have Heel spurs on both feet.
They are on the rear of my heel and are irritating my burma and achilles tendon. Surgery at this time is out of the question. I was fitted for some prostetic inserts and was instructed on some strecthes.
Has anyone else had his experience and found some techniques that may help me.
I have very little to no pain while exercising all the pain after the run or cycling. It may last for several days.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

2007-05-24 10:34 AM
in reply to: #814715

User image

Master
San Mateo, CA
Subject: RE: Heel Spurs
Yeah, I have a heel spur on my left foot. I don't experience any pain while running, but I tend to have mild discomfort in my heel in the days afterwards. Consecutive run-days are out of the question for me right now. To manage this problem, I have been to physical therapy and in the end it proved to be no more help than if I'd just stretched on my own at home, which is what I do on a daily basis. In addition, I wear orthotics which have helped quite a bit - they allow me to at least get some run time in here and there. Basically, I find the most effective thing for me to do is warm-up with a brisk walk, and then spend a fair amount of time stretching the achilles before and after my run, and I do this per my doctor's advice. Fortunately, I haven't had any pain after cycling.

wildbill - 2007-05-24 4:51 AM

I have been having achilles problems on both feet for the past 3 months. I finally went to the doctor and found out I have Heel spurs on both feet.
They are on the rear of my heel and are irritating my burma and achilles tendon. Surgery at this time is out of the question. I was fitted for some prostetic inserts and was instructed on some strecthes.
Has anyone else had his experience and found some techniques that may help me.
I have very little to no pain while exercising all the pain after the run or cycling. It may last for several days.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Heel Spurs Rss Feed