Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 13

2007-11-13 9:50 AM
in reply to: #818033

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
Subject: RE: Runnertridu Girl Group
Hey Leap-
Does the comp trainer also do Power?? Going to a training w/ power seminar next week.
Anybody else trainin w/ power Eric??

M

2007-11-13 9:56 AM

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Yes ma'am. Computrainer does power, HR, calories, etc. All the readouts are right there on the screen.
2007-11-13 9:58 AM
in reply to: #1050787

User image

Expert
michlmead - 2007-11-13 9:50 AM

Hey Leap-
Does the comp trainer also do Power?? Going to a training w/ power seminar next week.
Anybody else trainin w/ power Eric??

M

I haven't yet though I may start. My coach and the shop owner feel that HR is good for now. The shop is getting set up w/ Computrainers so I'll start exploring that soon.

I do alot of indoor training on Rollers. If you look at my logs you can start seeing the types of intervals I do on the rollers. They are excellent for pedal technique, cadence, balance, bike handling and confidence.... Much closer to road feel than a trainer....

Eric J
2007-11-13 10:04 AM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
I have another Eric here - that did the 3 hour workouts on rollers :-O. I'm not sure i could do that!!! Would like to try them - also looking @ comput trainer for winter. Would also like a new bike LOL - it never ends!! I need to win the lotto!! Or find a rich guy to support me ;-)

Let you know how the power seminar is... I'm still doing HRT too. I just may need more base on the bike - Talked w/ coach we are going to up the intensity for bike this winter - going to keep my specialzied then maybe spring get a carbon bike (looking @ orbea)

Anybody running Turkey Day runs?? Thinking about doing the Cleveland one!

M
2007-11-13 10:34 AM

User image

Regular
Northern Virginia
The computrainer sounds awesome! Some day when I (like Michelle) win the lottery I'll pick one up! My latest purchase is a much more humble $10 second skewer for the trainer - I called CycleOps direct and they hooked me up.

Like Michele, I am sticking with my Specialized for another season. If I improve enough to earn it this season, a tri bike might be in the budget for '09 . . .

My whole family (me, my hubby, my mom, my dad, younger bro #1, younger bro #2 & younger bro #1's girlfriend) is doing the Boar's Head Turkey Trot 5k in Charlottesville - my husband's parents will be there to cheer us on at the finish. Younger bro #1 is a speed-demon (won his AG last time we did the race) and dropped my husband after the first mile the last time we ran it - he's hoping stay with my bro for two miles this time around. As for me, I am not expecting a PR since it is a VERY hilly course, but hope to beat my last time for the course. They have an award for largest family participating, so we are hoping we've got a shot at that one!
2008-01-11 1:56 PM

User image

Regular
woodbridge,
Michelle:

Looks like you already have quite a few folks to mentor out there but wanted to know if you have room for one more student? Thanks,

2008-01-13 6:41 PM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
Hi All:

Yes we can always fit in one more!! Sorry to be sooo far behind - have enjoyed some down time and even started a new job!! - Still been training lots of base!! Tri-ing to get a good solid start for 2008 - will be doing SteelHead 1/2 IM again!! Just starting to plan for races 2008.

Not sure if i need to start with the January program - or just keep this one -- if I move i will keep the same name!

Thanks for staying with us this past season!! It's been a BLAST -

Lots of cool Firsts and Fabulous races and performances by everyone!!

I will let you know if we are moving into the January slot!

Michelle
2008-01-18 8:49 PM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
HI Group!!

Got the word from Ron - We can stay on this page or move to the 2008.

Want to see who is in for the 2008 first 1/4 - I'm just building base

Need to know who is in and out!!

Please post - i'll get my list going... also post races planned for the upcoming season

Indy 500 1/2 Marathon is first "A" runing race for me in 2008.

ANYBODY ELSE??

Michelle
2008-01-19 12:02 PM
in reply to: #1165058

User image

HI, Group!

Include me on your 2008 mentor group!

First sprint Feb, 25, 2008. Usually in April. I wouldn't do it but the swim is in a POOL and bike is flat!!! I just can't resist.

Debating on trying a Olympic Tri Race. Working on my Run with a beginning running group. Hope everyone is well. Can't wait to hear what everyone has been up to.

Kristina
2008-01-19 1:53 PM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
No debate - do it - you may not be able to go as fast - it's a longer day - but it's twice the fun:-)
Love the oly distance - i'm better @ longer (except the swim) planning on doing more tri's this season - i'm not starting sooo early this year - had a long season last year - going to back load 2008!!
2008-01-20 5:31 PM

User image

Expert
I'm definitely in! Had a rough/busy month in December what with being a retailer, then drama with my "old" team/club which I have subsequently left with 3 team mates to join another team and then fell ill with an Ecoli invasion that knocked me to the ground.

But I'm BACK BABY, I'm BACK!

Talk soon....

Eric J

2008-01-21 12:53 PM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
Hey everyone!!

Glad your back Eric - Leap where are you??

I just updated the 2008 - races and goals - anyone else who is in please do this also - that way it will be easy to see what the plans are for 2008 -

Thanks!!

Questions - go ahead and post em!!

M
2008-01-22 11:44 AM

User image

Regular
Northern Virginia

Hey, all!  I didn't know we were going to start this up again so I signed up for another mentor thread.  I will probably drop in here as well since you guys are such a great group. 

I have also updated my goals in my Training Log - you will see I am planning to do my first half ironman this year.  I am excited and nervous.  We are doing races located in-state this year to cut down on some of the travel expenses and have them pretty well spaced starting in June. 

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying base training - my treadmill and bike trainer are sure getting some good use with the cold temperatures we are having!

2008-01-22 4:12 PM

User image

Cleveland, Ohio
Hi Jessica:

Glad to have you back!! Even part time - I will stay w/ this thread - instead of starting fresh... 1/2 IM in my plans to - behind on posting!! Not base building :-)

No need to worry - you will be prepared and have a GREAT DEBUT!!

HAPPY TRAINING!!

Michelle
2008-01-23 7:42 AM

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Hey gang, count me in!

I've had quite a bit change since Oct. We 'had a puppy' in Oct and now have a teething 5mo old adding excitement to our days. I acquired a new coach that'll take me through IMWI in Sept. Purchased a computrainer in Nov and have been playing on that all winter.

I am base training at the moment with a swim focus in Jan. Feb is bike focus month so I'm looking forward to that.

Can't wait to get some warmer weather as outside running is miserable in the cold.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Runnertridu Girl Group Rss Feed  

of 13