Canandaigua Academy Track & Field Boosters
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 25m 44s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up at 6, bowl of cereal and a banana. Trying to cut back on cafeine so only a little coffee. My wife was doing the 5K fun walk. We got to the school about 7:45.
Event warmup:

Stretched a little and chatted with some of the folks I know.
Run
  • 25m 44s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

I started toward the back for no particular reason. Felt good to start, passing quite a few people. Maybe took off a bit too quick, I don't know. During the flat section I started to overheat a bit. Dumped some water over my head at the aid station. Finished up the hill to the school and one lap of the track. Probably the only thing that pushed me was a guy I had a bad business deal was in the race and I didn't want to lose to him. Unfortunately that was my only goal (added at the start) and although I accomplished it, I was still slower than my last 5K and about the same pace as the 10K last weekend. The guys a real schmuck so it did feel good to beat him.

This race was added at the last minute because it had a 5K walk that Connie could do and it supported the high school track team. Not a race I had planned on doing to set any personal records.
What would you do differently?:

If this was a race I wanted to PR in, maybe not run 6 miles the day before, or not work in the yards the afternoon before. Or maybe hydrate properly instead of getting into the barley pops last night.

I probably need to work a bit on runs at higher humidity and temperature. Wasn't real hot, but hotter than I have ran in for quite a while and the humidity was up.

I enjoyed the morning and I guess thats all I could ask for.
Post race
Warm down:

Got some water and waited for Connie to finish. We left as soon as she was done. We had a full day planned and didn't want to wait around for the awards.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably started out a tad bit dehydrated.

Event comments:

The times are off my Garmin. I didn't wait for the times to be posted and I don't think they are posted on line. At least I haven't been able to locate them.

Last updated: 2007-05-19 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:44 | 03.11 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: First mile down hill, followed by a fairly flat section. Return up the same hill we started on.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes