General Discussion Triathlon Talk » "Take a look" brand eyeglass/helmet mirror Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-28 1:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lapel
Subject: "Take a look" brand eyeglass/helmet mirror
Supposedly can be used on eyeglasses or helmet visor-
a little acrylic mirror, some brass tubing, and some very vague instructions offering: "Once properly adjusted (by rotating the prongs), you will have a clear and accurate view of the road behind you."

$14.00 / No website, no illustrations, unable to use.

Not worth the frustration, or price in my opinion.

2007-05-28 5:52 PM
in reply to: #819361

User image

Master
Morse Lake, Noblesville, Indiana
Subject: RE: "Take a look" brand eyeglass/helmet mirror
I can't say myself if they are good or bad, so I will trust your opinion, but LOTS of people do use/have them, so there has to be something right about it. Those have been around for a bazillion years, here's some good photos of the different mounting options...

http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9...

I can't use them myself, it gives me vertigo - too much optical info and not enough bandwidth or CPU to process. Me with vertigo on the bike leads to crashes or technicolor yawns - either way, not a good thing on a bike....
2007-05-28 9:28 PM
in reply to: #819530

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lapel
Subject: RE: "Take a look" eyeglass mirror (revised)
Of course you would find the links I spent an hour looking for.

I've seen a bunch of people with the little mirrors sticking off of their helmets,
sometimes it takes a photo to show how to make something work.
If they could just have added a simple photo to the packaging this would have been a much better day / post.

eof
2007-05-29 7:18 AM
in reply to: #819361

User image

Master
Morse Lake, Noblesville, Indiana
Subject: RE: "Take a look" brand eyeglass/helmet mirror
Have a fantastic day Moose... Get yerself some coffee, and kick back and relax. Once you have had the coffee, then try to install the mirror, and let us know how it goes on your first ride with it.

Swim practice this evening? Tues - 6:00 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » "Take a look" brand eyeglass/helmet mirror Rss Feed