BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tjtryon's Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2007-09-04 8:02 AM
in reply to: #949096

Subject: RE: tjtryon's Group - Closed
Hey guys. I've been kind of winding things down for this season. I've just pretty much been biking and running over the last 3 weeks as I haven't had access to a place to swim. I am going to do one more Sprint Tri on Saturday for fun. It's in Ohio. I'll be over in that area on Friday for some customer training so I decided to just stay over and do one last Tri. After that I'm going to probably focus on running a bit more and building up my running endurance. I'll maybe do a couple of 5K's this Fall. I hope to be getting a membership to the YMCA this Fall so I can then swim regularly again. I need to then look at putting together a Fall/Winter training plan.

TJ - Any advice on training for the Fall and Winter? My plan for next year is to do 4-6 Sprint Tri's. Should I just focus on Base Building and Endurance work? Thanks.

2007-09-04 8:29 AM
in reply to: #951201

User image

Master
Morse Lake, Noblesville, Indiana
Subject: RE: tjtryon's Group - Closed
dwort - 2007-09-04 9:02 AM

Hey guys. I've been kind of winding things down for this season. I've just pretty much been biking and running over the last 3 weeks as I haven't had access to a place to swim. I am going to do one more Sprint Tri on Saturday for fun. It's in Ohio. I'll be over in that area on Friday for some customer training so I decided to just stay over and do one last Tri. After that I'm going to probably focus on running a bit more and building up my running endurance. I'll maybe do a couple of 5K's this Fall. I hope to be getting a membership to the YMCA this Fall so I can then swim regularly again. I need to then look at putting together a Fall/Winter training plan.

TJ - Any advice on training for the Fall and Winter? My plan for next year is to do 4-6 Sprint Tri's. Should I just focus on Base Building and Endurance work? Thanks.

My advice? Take 2 weeks off, leave the bike in the garage, leave the running shoes in the closets and spend the time with your family/wife/kids/significant other/yourself.

After a full two weeks off, do a run focused maintenance plan, since that is the area you want to improve on. Basically, this will have you running 4-5 times a week, and swim/bike a couple of times a week. There are a couple of good run-focused maintenance plans here - but again, these are good places to start - modify it to suit your needs and ask if you need help. Sunce you want to do some 5k, adjust the time/milage to work for a 5k race and maybe add some speedwork once your base gets built up.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tjtryon's Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 5