General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot Lake Pleasant sprint-anyone doing it? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-02 12:50 PM

User image

AZ
Subject: Zoot Lake Pleasant sprint-anyone doing it?
I'm planning on doing it, but haven't heard of anyone else yet. This is only my 2nd tri, so I kinda want to know if I'll be coming in DFL or if there are other beginners like me!

I can't find any info online except this year's race website. How many people usually turn out for this race?

2007-06-03 7:36 AM
in reply to: #826741

User image

Master
Surprise, Arizona
Subject: RE: Zoot Lake Pleasant sprint-anyone doing it?
I will be there, along with hjmii.  We were up there on Saturday morning to check out the course.  I am not sure about the history, but I can probably give you most of the details you are wondering about.  It should be a fun race, and challenging for a sprint.  Ususally, BTers gather before races, so maybe we can all say hello beforehand.
2007-06-03 2:42 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-06-03 5:13 PM
in reply to: #827107

AZ
It does look like a challenging course, especially the bike. It's pretty hilly out there. I have driven the bike course, but haven't seen the running course. Is it desert? Hopefully not a lot of sandy areas.

I got in the water, but don't know the temp. I'm planning on wearing a wetsuit, that's one thing I was wondering about. So, here's a few questions:

-is this a yearly event? How many people are usually there?

-is there a wide range of ability levels? I mean, I know *someone* has to come in last, I just don't want it to be me.

-wetsuits? I know the water isn't freezing, but it's not warm yet either. I'm assuming wetsuits help so I want to wear mine.
2007-06-04 10:36 AM

Master
Surprise, Arizona
I was just in the water on Saturday morning, and it felt cool enough that it may be wetsuit legal.  It's probably going to be close, though, so have an alternate plan just in case.  The running course is almost all hilly, rocky trail.  I've decided that I will wear trail shoes instead of my normal running shoes.  For me, giving up some lightness on my feet is less important than ankle stability and protection.  Don't worry so much about where you will place.  It's only your second race, so focus on enjoying yourself.  Chances are you will not be last, and even if you are, it's not a big deal.  Most races will draw at least some true beginners.  No matter where you are in the pack, you will not be alone. 
2007-06-09 5:30 PM

AZ
If you went, what did you think?

That course was hard. It was only my 2nd, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but it seemed pretty tough! My legs are feeling it.

It was fun though (I say that NOW, LOL). Hopefully DCB can iron out a few kinks if they do this on a yearly basis, but for the first time I think it went as well as it could have.

2007-06-11 10:33 AM

Master
Surprise, Arizona
I thought it was a very difficcult, challenging course.  I also thought that DCB did a great job with it.  My feet and legs are still beat up from the run/death march...
2007-06-11 11:47 AM

AZ
Hey, do you know if the results are posted anywhere? I'd kinda like to know how I did.
2007-06-11 1:18 PM
in reply to: #839045

AZ
Nevermind. I found them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot Lake Pleasant sprint-anyone doing it? Rss Feed