General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jamis Trilogy Frame Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-04 9:17 AM

Subject: Jamis Trilogy Frame
Anybody have any experience with the Jamis Trilogy. Trilogy is Jamis' tri frame. Here is a link to one for sale on ebay that I might pick up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STR...

Follow on question...I am not experienced at building up bikes. Are components generally interchangeable?

2007-06-04 10:25 AM
in reply to: #828282

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Subject: RE: Jamis Trilogy Frame
I've heard good things about the frames. I saw one at my LBS and it looked pretty nice. Triathlete Mag (I think) wrote that they're one of the "under the radar" bikes that is really good - and a good price too.
2007-06-06 7:20 AM
in reply to: #828470

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brookhaven, PA (Philly Burbs)
I know an East Coast Jamis rep who's been pitching this frame for months. All of my bikes are Jamis as you can probably guess (it pays to have a hook-up) and typically you get alot of bike with a Jamis, compared to some of the other smaller bike mfgr

To answer your second question, I can only speak for Shimano stuff, but yes the parts are interchangeable.

Now, if you ask Shimano that they'll say no. They'll argue that the tighter manufacturing tolerances on their upper end stuff, like Ultegra, wont integrate well with their lower end stuff, like Sora.

Thats Horse-sh*t. Shimano wants you to upgrade your entire drivetrain system in one shot (Cha-ching). And if your local LBS tells you the same thing, they are just trying to get into your pocket, and you have my permission to kick someone in the b*lls (just kidding).

Now that being said, if, for example, you have Sora shifters and you upgrade your rear dérailleur to an Ultegra, you probably will only notice a slight difference in the quality of shifting. If you were to upgrade both components, shifter and dérailleur in one shot, you'd probably see a bigger difference in shifting.

I've built plenty of Frankenstein bikes with stuff I have bought off Ebay, or just lying around, and its never been an issue.
2007-06-06 11:26 PM
in reply to: #828282

Well I let the frame go, although there wasn't much competition during the auction. I guess it does help to have friends in the right places. I have a Jamis Coda Elite hybrid that I use for city riding (and my first triathlon) and I like it a lot. Having just done my first triathlon last month, I want to find a better bike. But I am really paralyzed b/c I don't want to spend a lot of money, but i always want to buy something of quality.

Thanks for the tips. If your Jamis rep friend has any extra Trilogy frames...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jamis Trilogy Frame Rss Feed