General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Someone already used my title.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-18 12:38 PM

User image

Windsor, ON
Subject: Someone already used my title....
I'm 26 and need a hobby that is a little healthier than vodka tonics and nightclubs. So I've decided to become a triathlete and put all my spare income into probably the most expensive individual sport. I'm sure the bank will understand why I'll have to default on my student loan.

I was always very athletic - I studied ballet, tap and jazz pretty intensively until about 5 years ago. I was on a competition team that competed throught Canada and the U.S., and I went to a performing arts highschool. As for sports, I played soccer, volley, basketball until grade 10, and was on the track and swim teams throughout highschool. I was also a lifeguard/swim instructor for 7 years, meaning the swim portion of triathlons should be the one part where I don't pass out halfway through....right? Right.

I'm in my last year of finishing a degree in Fashion Design at Wayne State University in Detroit (although I live across the border in Windsor, ON). I'm on that 8 year bachelor degree program....just because I love school that much. Kidding. I started out as a Human Kinetics major at the University of Windsor, but hated the school so I transferred. And designing clothes seemed to be the next logical progression after studying movement science....

Ironically, I think the combo will prove to be beneficial, as after graduation I would really like to work for companies like Adidas or Nike and design athletic wear for elite athletes. Maybe I'll do a triathlon line someday, hmmm?

I'm also pretty involved in the local techno/electronic music scene in Detroit, which I suppose makes for a rather odd combination of hobbies. I have found another local dj who ran a marathon last year, so maybe we can recruit someone else to be part of a Techno Triathlon Team, lol.

Anyway, after watching the Olympics, and needing a new fitness goal that would keep me dedicated, I somehow settled on triathlons. I've only been training for a month, so I hope to do my first around May. So if you see a fellow competitor with techno pumping from her headphones and wearing an extremely fashionable wetsuit, that's probably me. :P

Edited by tintin 2004-09-18 12:41 PM

2004-09-18 1:56 PM
in reply to: #63648

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Someone already used my title....

Welcome to the T-Spot! I think that you will quickly learn than triathlon becomes more of a lifestyle that it does a hobby.  As far as the expense of the sport,  you will find that you can spend as much or as little as you like.  Good luck with your training and if there is anything that we can do to help you please feel free to ask.

Edited by Michael 2004-09-18 1:58 PM
2004-09-18 4:47 PM

User image

Expert
Northern VA

Welcome to the site and good luck with your training.  There's a couple people here in your neck of the woods and a few more across the river here in Michigan.

Gary

2004-09-18 5:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Welcome tintin!
Sounds like you have a great start with your sporting background.
Good luck with your training.
I would love for you to design a traithlon line for women which is functional, comfortable and looks great, for training and competition and export it to Australia. I will be your first customer.
Let us know how you go!
M
2004-09-20 11:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
windsor, ontario
Welcome...any questions you have, feel free to ask...let me know...we could run the ganatchio together...

d
2004-09-20 11:55 AM

User image

Regular
Marble Falls, TX
Hi Tintin, welcome looks like your gonna be "kickin it" in triathlons...
I am a new guy here myself...
BTW what do fashionable wetsuits look like... ;-)

2004-09-20 12:36 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
welcome!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Someone already used my title.... Rss Feed