General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Official first intro... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-09-19 10:28 PM

No. County San Diego
Subject: Official first intro...
I have posted a few times here and there and figured I needed to intro myself now. I don't have any great super emotional story to say...I'm just trying to get in shape and am trying to do it in a fun dynamic way. So far my swimming and cycling are going well....let's just not talk about the running at this point. My first tri is in a few weeks and I'm ready to "just do it!" Sorry to sound like Nike. The tri is the Reebok Women's Triathlon in San Diego, I would love to here from anyone who has done it before.

See you on the boards...

2004-09-19 10:59 PM
in reply to: #63928

User image

Regular
San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: Official first intro...
Debi- Welcome! I also live in N. County San Diego (Ocean Hills area). I'm not doing the Reebok tri, but am doing Mission Bay on Oct. 3. Tri Club San Diego is having a beginners triathlon next week on Coronado, you should come. I think it's a 300m swim, 12 mile bike, and 2.5 mile run. A great practice for the Reebok event!
2004-09-19 11:15 PM

No. County San Diego
I saw the IronicMan triathlon on the "group training" forum and I was definitely thinking about it. I have yet to complete more than 4 miles on my bike so I don't know if it will be too much for me. I actually just got into the open water on Saturday (La Jolla Cove) and it was great! It went so well that I went back out today and...well...it wasn't as great today. There were a lot more waves, I swallowed so much salt water that I swear the water level at the cove was reduced by at least a foot by the time I left (ha...ha...ha). I also saw a sea lion out there swimming along and I about had a heart attack right there on the spot. A friend of mine swears that you don't see as much marine life in Glorietta Bay so it would be kind of neat to compare. As if the sea lion wasn't enough to scare me the long strap attached to the back of my wetsuit kept swinging into my peripheral vision and I of course kept thinking that it was a "great white" ready to eat me.....So I never got into a rhythm or zone today I was kind of bummed.
2004-09-20 7:38 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome to BT - officially.  and good luck in your tri!
2004-09-20 10:20 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the T-Spot!
2004-09-20 10:22 PM

No. County San Diego
Thanks for all the posts!

2004-09-21 10:04 AM

User image

molto veloce mama
welcome. running will come. i just started running about 7 months ago now, and its getting better all the time. if running is a struggle, i would highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor. it really helped me.
2004-09-21 1:15 PM

No. County San Diego
My running problem is mostly due to my BAD feet and ankles. I wear orthotics and I have a great podiatrist and all but when I start running my ankles flare up and I get a horrible pain on the top of my foot. I walked a marathon a few years ago and I never had a problem like this. I was on celebrex for awhile but I stopped taking it...I'm not one for prescription meds. I am thinking that it has to do with my weight, so hopefully when spring '05 rolls around I will be ready to run! Thanks for the info!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Official first intro... Rss Feed