Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Logging Swim Workouts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-13 10:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fridley, MN, USA
Subject: Logging Swim Workouts
My summer club season started on tuesday for swimming. I'm going to try my best to record my workouts daily. This week I'll only have one practice logged per day (I only have time for either the morning or afternoon session this week), but starting next week I'll have two practices logged per day. A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use the workouts I record:
1. Morning practices are in meters, swam in a long-course pool. Night practices are in yards, and swam in a short-course pool. While recording my workouts sometimes I might leave out whether or not I'm talking about yards or meters.
2. I'm training as a swimmer, with swimmers, for the swim season. It has come to my attention that alot of the longer practices we do may be slightly excessive for somebody training for a triathlon. I'm personally combining running and riding with 9 practices a week, but hey, I'm young!
3. Near the end of July my practices will start shortening and decreasing in intensity. This is because I will be on a taper for the club state meet in August. Unless you also are tapering for a high-level competition in early August, you might not want to use those workouts.
4. Sometimes you might see "non-freestyle" or "IM" in my log. Since freestyle is (usually) the only stroke used in triathlons, you might want to find a replacement for these portions. I've heard some people say that they use breastroke sometimes while racing though, so for non-freestyle, I suppose you could use the breastroke! If I have IM recorded in a warmup, you can replace it with an Activate set (which is basically either powering into the walls for your flip turn or powering off the wall from your flip turn).

I'll try to start recording workouts again in September when the fall season starts. I have all of August off though. Same goes for the winter season (which is my last swim season in high school! ). My school coaches are both triathletes, so some of the practices I do during the winter season may be geared more towards tri training.
Anyways, that's all I have to say about that for now. Feel free to check out my practices and try some of the workouts!
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Logging Swim Workouts Rss Feed