2004-09-20 3:33 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2004-09-20 6:02 PM
in reply to: #64236

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: Portland Insider Info...
You should check out LaCamas Swim and Sport. It's a swim/fitness center and I believe the owner is a multi-time IM finisher. They've got a pretty active tri-club there.

I believe one of the downtown 24 hour fitness gyms has a lap pool in it.

Gateway Bicycle and Tri-Sport Running & Walking are closely related business located at NE 119th & NE Halsey in Portland's "Gateway District". They have a huge selection of tri-bikes in stock, and tons of tri gear. Very impressive for a city this size.

The Gecko tri club was started by owner of Gateway and is the city's largest club. They host a weekly track workout, two weekly swim workouts, a Saturday group ride in the spring and summer, spin classes in the winter and a weekly open water swim in the summer.

River City Bikes started sponsoring a tri-club this past year.

The YMCA has a tri team/club as well. I'm a member of the Y, but not the tri team. Unfortunately the roof over the pool at the downtown facility collapsed during a snowstorm in January, and due to a host of issues they are still going through the permitting issues prior to rebuilding it. I've been a nomadic swimmer this year using public pools around the city.

The nicest swim complex in the area, that's open to the public, is the Tualitin Hills Aquatic Center in Beaverton.

Lots of great places to bike and run, as long as you don't mind getting a little wet.

Scott
2004-09-21 12:49 PM
in reply to: #64314

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Portland Insider Info... Rss Feed