General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thanks to the nice guys! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-15 2:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
Subject: Thanks to the nice guys!
Saw the thread about "getting burned being the nice guy" and it reminded me of something that happened to me the night before I left on vacation last week...

I was just doing a quick 10 mile loop before I left for vacation and did something corny with the gears and banged the chain off. It was so bad that I couldn't fix it myself.

I was 5 miles out from home...My people were out running errands and stuff to get ready for the vacation...I tried to get the chain right and couldn't. I didn't have any tools that could help me, or any knowledge of what to do with said tools even if I had them...I came to the conclusion that I was screwed.

Just then, a very sleek looking guy with aero bars came around the bend and hit the hill I was on. And to my huge relief he stopped to see if he could help me. Within five minutes, he fixed it. I felt bad that he got dirty, but man, was I relieved!

IT IS SO AWESOME THAT THERE ARE SUCH NICE PEOPLE LIKE THAT IN THE WORLD!

So to everyone who has ever stopped to help someone or even inquired if they need help -- THANK YOU! It means more than you know. It means we aren't alone. It means that even a stranger might care to make sure you are okay. Let's face it, people can be crappy. It's nice to know that sometimes, they are better than that. Sometimes they are down-right nice...for no reward, no accolades...just nice. And I hope it comes back to them 10-fold.

2007-06-15 2:32 PM
in reply to: #846260

User image

Master
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Subject: RE: Thanks to the nice guys!
Nice people rock.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thanks to the nice guys! Rss Feed