General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Topeka Tinman Timing Issue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-16 9:03 PM

User image

Expert
Denver, Colorado
Subject: Topeka Tinman Timing Issue
Anybody missing their time at the Tinman? One of the timing mats at the finish line was not working and did not record many people crossing the finish line. Not sure how they plan on posting this but it you crossed the left side of the finish line from about 9:45 till sometime after 10am you may have a DNF. The race director also made the decision to hand out awards based on the unofficial results causing many more errors. Needless to say I wasn't to happy when I left the place.

Anyway, finishing times or not, great job to everyone who ran!

2007-06-16 9:15 PM
in reply to: #847217

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Topeka Tinman Timing Issue
Uuuuhhh yeah. I have no time. I was/am pissed. I personally spoke to the gentelman in charge of the timing system and he asked me to give him the time I *thought* I finished in. I did, and he said he would enter that in the computer as my official time. WTF??? I could have said anything. To make it worse, there was no apology and he acted completely nonchalant about it. When I looked him straight in the eye and said "THAT'S $h!tty" he just said "yeah," and turned his back to fiddle with his apparently broken equipment.

Sooo.. luckily my fabulous parents were there and good ol' Dad took a photo at the finish line. Looked at the time/date stamp and got a finish time within one minute (and by the way I blew my time from last year out of the water by 14 minutes - would have been nice to get an official time on that accomplishment).

Still fuming about the whole situation, as the Race Director completely ignored the situation and without acknowledgement or apology, proceeded like it never happened. I imagine most people left the race thinking they would pull up the results tonight, and I personally I can't wait to write my nasty-gram to KLM and request a refund.

2007-06-16 10:29 PM
in reply to: #847217

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: Topeka Tinman Timing Issue
That really stinks... it makes me wonder if I really should be getting the 2nd place AG award or not... Really big bummer. I don't want an award if I didn't really earn it.

I was wondering why they hadn't posted results yet... I've been really anxious to check my splits. I guess since they had my finish time that means I'll get them eventually. Still... that really sucks for those that it didn't record.

Why in the world did they not have a clock at the finish line? I think every race should do this & videotape the line so that they have another way to get finishing times.

Again, sorry that both of your times got lost. That is really frustrating and discouraging. I hope that KLM does something about this.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Topeka Tinman Timing Issue Rss Feed