General Discussion Race Reports! » TACT Onroad Duathlon Series Race 4 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

TACT Onroad Duathlon Series Race 4 - Duathlon

View Member's Race Log
Canberra, ACT
Australia
TACT
23C / 73F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 28m 44s
Overall Rank = 36/56
Age Group = 30 - 35
Age Group Rank = 5/7
Pre-race routine:

Got to race early went registered and got my number. I was a bit nervous for my first race. spotted some people from the vikings club they where warming up and helped me set up my transition area.
Event warmup:

I went for a jog about a kilometre
Run
  • 24m 44s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 57s  min/km
Comments:

Its a bit hard to judge being my first run. I felt ready equipped able. It does not get much better than that I suppose. I kept up with some of the club members who I know and I was pretty happy with that seeing as how they have been training a lot longer than I have. I am really starting to appreciate the technique to running. All the getting a good arm swing going to increase your stride. That stuff really does make running easier. And the psychy stuff spins me out. A girl was trying to pass me we must have been fairly evenly matched. I would keep seeing her shadow come up on my right and I would stretch out my stride and she would fall back then I would see her shadow again. She never did pass me but she did make it out of transition in front of me and I never saw her again after that.
What would you do differently?:

More training and do the longer races next time.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Fumbled with shoes and gloves. Was basically nervous and not very sure of what I was doing. But I think I did OK.

Wear my gloves throughout the entire race or not bother with them at all.
Bike
  • 51m 7s
  • 20 kms
  • 23.48 km/hr
Comments:

Had a great ride felt really good about it.

Training training training. Work on my cadence. Work on hill climbs and leg strength.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

This transition went much more smoothly. Just did what I had to do. Got it done quickly with minimum fuss

Need to buy myself a mat to put next to my bike.
Run
  • 12m 53s
  • 2.5 kms
  • 05m 09s  min/km
Comments:

I really enjoyed passing a girl who had passed me on the bike. We where climbing a hill on the bike leg and she went past like I was dawdling along on the flat. She had such speed and such great cadence and I was getting bogged down and my cadence was dropping. Then when we got onto the last run I could see her having lots of problem getting her legs to work after the bike. I was a bit wobbly on my legs for the first 200 metre but I kept swing my arms like my run coach Keri taught me to stride out the problems and I just powered past the competitor. It was very satisfactory to my ego.

Training training training.
Post race
Warm down:

Some stretching and walking around. grabbed my camera and ran up the course a little to take some photo's of other Vikings Club members still coming in from the long course. had a bite too eat. Later on in the day. About 4 hours later. I actually went out on the bike and had a very lesuirely ride for 20k which loosened me up and made me fell better in the legs. And the I went to the pool and swam 1k. I was thinking about doing 2 but decided to have a steam instead. The swim does wonders I highly recomend a swim AFTER a big workout it really relaxes any tigh muscles.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My mind. I need to practice and train more and become more confident with my abilities and where my limits lie. I am finding that I am much more capable than my body likes me to think.

Event comments:

Wow I had an awesome. My first ever race was absolutely amazing. I cant believe I have done it. Now I want to do another one. But longer next time.

Last updated: 2004-09-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:44 | 05 kms | 04m 57s  min/km
Age Group: 4/7
Overall: 31/56
Performance: Good
Course: Wow doesn't get much more picturesque than that. It was truly spectacularly beautiful. Even though I was supposed to be concentrating on my running. There where even some hot air balloons out over the lake. The course wound along the edge of Lake burley griffin from the Southern Cross Yacht Club under the bridge and along in front of the National Library to the High Court. Turn around at the high court and back along the same route to the yacht club.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike? Below average
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Average
Biking
00:51:07 | 20 kms | 23.48 km/hr
Age Group: 6/7
Overall: 42/56
Wind: None
Course: From the SCYC along behind the national library and across commonwealth avenue bridge. Along the parkway around the lake and towards Weston. Up the Cotter road exit ramp and onto the cotter road heading back towards parlaiment house. Onto parlaimentary circle around parlaiment house and then off parlaimentary circle at the chinese embassy. past the chinese embassy and back up along the lake to SCYC
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 78
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:12:53 | 02.5 kms | 05m 09s  min/km
Age Group: 4/7
Overall: 37/56
Course: A short out and back from the SCYC west along the lake. Its windy and hilly. Actually quite nice to run through. the winds aren't to windy and thills aren't to hilly. The last 200 metres is all downhill to the finish line and I just picked up speed the whole way untill i practically sprinted through the finish line. A really good feeling being able to wind it right out down that hill towards the finish line.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes