Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » OWS in Montreal Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-03 2:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Laval, Quebec
Subject: OWS in Montreal Area

Hello All,

Where does everyone do their OWS training in the Montreal Area?  I am presently in Toronto but will be moving back to Montreal in the coming months and will be spending alot of time there looking for a house.

Thanks!

2007-07-03 3:11 PM
in reply to: #871017

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: OWS in Montreal Area
Wow, you will love Montreal.  It is a great city.  I was just there this weekend for Canada Day and had a great time.  I believe that there is swimming at the Olympic Rowing Basin just off the Old Port area.   That is where the Esprit de Montreal Triathlon is held in September.
2007-07-04 7:48 PM
in reply to: #871017

User image

Veteran
Laval, Quebec

I just checked and no swimming is permitted in the basin other then for the triathlon.

I always skip my swims when there is a time crunch, so now it is a priority for me to not miss them.  From now on when I go out of town, I will make sure that I find a place to get the swim in before I leave and plan it like a meeting.

If I can I will try out Oka and Hudson Beaches for an OWS.

I found some pools using the below website, which is pretty cool.

http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/Main1.cfm

We are originally from Montreal and yeh, it is a great city.  I lived in Ottawa/Hull in the early 90's and think it is a great place as well.

2007-07-16 8:13 AM
in reply to: #872150

User image

Expert
Montreal

I'm a little late to the party.   I live in the West Island, (Beaconsfield). If you are looking in this area there are lots of indoor pools and summer outdoor pools.  As for OWS, you can try Oka, or more locally Cap- St- Jacque.  I have not tried to do any OWS in the area.  I have a Brother-in-law in New Hampshire on a lake that I get to about  twice a summer.  The rest of my swimming is done in the pool.

Mike

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » OWS in Montreal Area Rss Feed