General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-12 10:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona
Subject: XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C

Okay, so I have been working on getting a new (upgraded) bike (currently I have a 2005 Giant TCR Aero), but I still don't have the new bike, but now I have a new one added to the list and it is the front runner right now. 

The XLab Avenger TT.  Everything I have seen impresses me about this bike, and it is a little better priced than the Cervelo P2C frameset.

What that means is I can do a little better on the build kit.  And, actually the factory build kit from XLab is pretty nice - other than the wheelset that is - so with an upgrade on the wheels (and maybe the saddle) I would have more bike for the same money as the P2C.

And, from what I have read the Avenger (while a little heavier) is much stiffer and rides and tracks much straighter.  I'm liking this bike. 

Anyone have experience with either bike - your comments/reviews would be appreciated.

Edited by SwmBkRn 2007-07-12 10:43 AM

2007-07-13 10:43 PM
in reply to: #882789

User image

Mesa
Subject: RE: XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C
Hey there...
I agree with you that the Xlab is a solid looking bike. I ride Xlab Tri-Spoke wheels. Very nice....

However, I mentioned the Xlab bike to the owner of my local tri shop and he said they use a very low grade carbon on the Xlab Avenger frame.

Thus I'd say go with the Cervelo... but your $$$ might stretch farther in value with the frame that fancies my eyes the Valdora PHX http://www.valdoracycles.com/Valdora_PHX_Frameset_Nude.asp
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C Rss Feed