General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri Newbie in San Diego Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-12 1:56 PM

New user

San Diego, CA
Subject: Tri Newbie in San Diego
Hi, everyone! I finally decided to get on here and introduce myself so here goes. My name is Stephanie and I live here in sunny San Diego. I have been training for my first triathlon (will be the Subaru Women's Sprint on Oct 14) for about 10 weeks now and I'm excited about the progress. I still have a long way to go but I'm feeling a bit more confident. I'm attempting to do my first beginner's club race with the local tri club here this weekend and I've got some butterflies!
As far as a reason for doing a traithlon...I guess I am just sick of wondering "what if?". I haven't really tested myself in a quite a while and I feel like the other things in my life are going well right now (marriage, work, church) so there is no better time than the present to push myself beyond what I even think I can do. Also, what if one of those horrible things we never like to think about happens to me...I don't know what I've got inside. How do I know I'll be able to pull myself through and come out on the other side? Enter triathlon!
I'm looking forward to learning a lot about myself throughout this process, and about other people, too! I hope to hear from you all! Good luck with your training!

Stephanie

2007-07-12 2:52 PM
in reply to: #883354

User image

Elite
San Diego
Subject: RE: Tri Newbie in San Diego

Welcome Stephanie,

You will learn lots here on BT. You will also have a blast with the tri club's race. Try to go to as many taining events a s possible. Everybody is very welcoming and helpful

Good luck and have fun.

I will more than likely be a swim buddy at the women's tri in Oct. so I will see you out there

Take care

Tom

2007-07-13 10:42 AM
in reply to: #883354

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Tri Newbie in San Diego
Welcome and good luck this weekend on your beginner race...it will be invaluable on your way to the Subaru Sprint later this year.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri Newbie in San Diego Rss Feed