General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flagstaff Newbee Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-22 2:34 PM

Subject: Flagstaff Newbee
Hi I'm in Flag and starting week two of my 13 week training for the Page Sprint Tri. It will be my first. Anyone in the area looking for a training partner. Right now I'm running at Buffalo Park, Swimming at FAC, and either Mt biking the urban trails, or roadbiking mostly on the east side of town. My runs are only 2 miles so far, with a lot of walking, I had a hip replacement 3 months ago, and biking 16-18 miles off road, 8-10 on road, swimming 36 laps at FAC is .5 miles or 900 yards.
Let me know I have mornings free, till 10am when I have to open my shop.

2007-07-22 9:43 PM
in reply to: #895890

User image

Master
Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ
Subject: RE: Flagstaff Newbee
Welcome to BT! I thought I was the only one up here! Wow! You're doing a lot of training with a fresh hip... Amazing. I can hardly run with my old one and there's nothing wrong with it.

I do my runs from home, in Kachina, so I don't have to carry car keys or anything else while running. (I stash water bottles in my neighbors mail boxes and run around the block a few times.)

Maybe we can meet for a swim sometime. I swim at the FAC too. I try to go to the outdoor pool on the eastside during the summer, breaks up the season a bit. But you have to go early to not get burned.

Tomorrow is a rest day for me. I did the Mountain Man today, my first tri. I am EXHAUSTED. And I'll have to wait and see how my foot heals this week. Got a cut under the sole on the rocks in the water. But maybe a swim later in the week.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flagstaff Newbee Rss Feed