General Discussion Triathlon Talk » seat height Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-23 2:17 PM

Veteran
Iowa
Subject: seat height
Quick question--I was out looking at a Felt S32 over the weekend. I tried a 52 (my road bike-Specialized-is a 54 I think, and was fitted to a 52cm QR kilo) and it felt pretty good. The only thing is that the seat post was bottomed out, as the tech said. She looked at the shoes I'd be wearing and didn't seem concerned. Is that something I should be concerned about? I had to ride it quickly; my daughter was being a bit of a pill, so the staff never actually saw me aero on it.

Does this mean I should be going down a size? The difference between a 52 and a 50 seems pretty substantial. I don't think I'd want the TT to be any shorter.

Oops--just want to clarify, if it makes a difference. I rode the S22, aero seatpost, but would probably buy the S32 if I went with Felt.

Edited by run131 2007-07-23 2:19 PM

2007-07-23 2:58 PM
in reply to: #897454

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: seat height
The answer is... Adult diapers... Uh, make that "Depends."

Normally, I'd say that, yes, you should move down a size. But if you're a short legs/long torso type, then it may just be that the Felt brand just isn't made for your body type. You might want to look at another brand.

Dan Empfield has a great series of articles that explores different body make-ups, and the fits (and I think brands) that go best with those types. Check them out on Slowtwitch. Might just steer you toward a better fitting bike.
2007-07-23 3:46 PM
in reply to: #897571

Veteran
Iowa
Subject: RE: seat height
Thanks--this is kinda what I've been thinking. Yes, I'm of the short legs/long torso type, and I don't know that I've ever seen someone riding a bike with the seat all the way down! Thanks--I'll check out those articles.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » seat height Rss Feed