General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tucson Tinfoilman Tri - 1st tri! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-12 1:06 AM

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Subject: Tucson Tinfoilman Tri - 1st tri!
Here it is, the final week before my first tri. I've already started to have dreams about the tri. One was pretty wacked out. I was looking at a sign on a pole that had a picture of a bike pointed one way, and a picture of a person running pointing the other way. Very "Alice in Wonderland." This was after the swim, so I did the run course. There were all these officials all over the place, and I stopped to ask one of them if it was ok that I did the run before the bike. It's strange that I picked the run, because I'm coming from a biking background! That's all I remember of that one. The other one was this past weekend, and I can't remember it very well, other than it had something to do with the transition areas.

I'm pretty nervous about the tri on Sunday, probably because I don't know what to expect. I've done a few bricks, but I haven't strung all 3 sports together. I just want to finish and not kill myself. I kind of feel like it's the day before the exam. I always told myself late at night before the exam to just go to sleep, because if I didn't know it then I wasn't going to know it. Same thing with the training. I'm not going to make any great gains this week, and it all depends on how I trained over the last few months. Hopefully I'm prepared.

I think once I get to the race, the excitement of the event will take over and I'll be able to enjoy it. At least, that's what I'm hoping!

Also, I hope to see Tri Lizard there too! It will be nice to see a familiar face and fellow BTer that day.

2004-10-12 9:15 AM
in reply to: #71458

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: RE: Tucson Tinfoilman Tri - 1st tri!
your race dreams are hilarious. you're going to kick butt. i bet you will not only finish, but finish in better time than you might have expected.
2004-10-12 11:11 AM

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
Go pirate girl!!  Go easy in the taper, you have all your skills, just keep them sharp for the race, looking forward to the race report!!
2004-10-14 1:14 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-10-14 1:04 PM

Elite
Tucson, AZ
I wish I had the Tri Girls purple tri top. I'm gonna be left out wearing non-club colors. I haven't ordered mine yet. So I'll be in blue & orange "Team Duofold" tri gear (hey it was $22 for the whole outfit thanks to a link from this site!).

I'm gonna go early to the packet pickup on Sat. Maybe I'll wear my BT shirt there. It'll probably be packed with hundreds of people trying to get their packet. But I'm eager to get the info and figure out my stuff. I'm guessing I'll be in the 1st wave. I turned in an estimated swim time of 22 mins.

Ok, so that porta potty thing's got me worried. Good thing I know my way around the UA. I may need to stop in one of the buildings for a rest stop. Then again, that may be deemed as "leaving the course" and I may get DQed so maybe not. I'm going to have a ton of questions for the race folks at the meeting.

I'll have my camera at the event, and I'll try to get pics of all of us! My hubby will be on camera duty for the rest of the race.

Good luck, and I hope to see ya there! I think this may be the first time I'm acutally looking forward to a Sunday!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tucson Tinfoilman Tri - 1st tri! Rss Feed