General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to BT and other forums - but long time triathlete Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-13 1:10 AM

User image

Whistler, BC
Subject: New to BT and other forums - but long time triathlete
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post ever in one of these forums, i have been a lurker for a long time on other forums, and i have just recently found this one and it seems like a great place to get my motivation back.

I am not really a beginner triathlete, I did my first ironman back in 1989, and have since done 7 of them. But i kinda consider myself a beginner triathlete because i tend to really need a goal to train for, and for the past year my work has taken precedence over any training so i am really out of shape. I will be signing up for Ironman Canada 2008 in 2 weeks time, with the goal of getting back in shape and losing a bunch of weight.

The Clyde-no-more-challenge on the weight loss forum seems just right for me. In 2006 i lost 28lbs while training for IMC, my race weight was exactly 200lbs. but since then i have put it all back on. This year, my plan is to spend the first six months getting out of the clydesdale category, then transition into a 24 week ironman training plan.

So wish me luck.

Thanks

2007-08-14 7:33 AM
in reply to: #923164

User image

Pro
Evanston,
Subject: RE: New to BT and other forums - but long time triathlete

If you've been lurking here a while, you'll have noticed that we welcome all levels of triathletes here... even the 7 time Ironman like you - wow!  You'll be pitching in to help the beginners before you know it.  I hear "role model" status is a good motivator. 

Actually, another good motivator is the training logs here.  Have you starting logging your workouts in there?  Highly recommended.

Welcome to BT, and good luck! 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to BT and other forums - but long time triathlete Rss Feed