General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Happy with my run results today Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-26 7:41 AM

Dallas, TX
Subject: Happy with my run results today
I'm one of those people who really don't like to run, but I'm so happy with my run this morning. I completed just under 2 miles in 22 and 1/2 minutes. Now while that is slow in many people's books, it's a great run time for me. As an added bonus I even felt good while I was running. I started my run listening to Darude. If you listen to "The Drums of New York" and "The Flow" in a row, you get almost 10 minutes of music with a really good constant beat. I think this helped me get off to a good start.

2004-01-26 8:06 AM
in reply to: #4964

Regular
Colorado
Subject: RE: Happy with my run results today
Awesome job! I'm in the same boat- I'll have to try your music trick... I also find that I do better if there's a faster runner on the treadmill in front of me... just follow the feet! Way to go azwaterbaby!
2004-01-26 8:20 AM

I'm another who (hates) to run and am trying so hard to like it. I will say that the *hate* meter isn't as high as it was around 6-8 months ago. I too will try your music fix.

So maybe we need a new thread about good music to run by! I need relatively slow stuff for now. I think you 22 1/2 minutes for 2 miles is great -- and is about my pace as well
If you have some music tips -- I'd love to know about them.

nancy
2004-01-26 8:49 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Congrats on the great run! You will soon learn to love running. Especially when you start getting into a zone and feeling those endorphins. I used to HATE running also and learned to love it. KEy is to not make every run hard.
2004-01-26 8:54 AM

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
I'm in the same running pace department. It's so helpful to hear I'm not alone! The people I train with all run a consistent 9 minute mile or faster. It's been a little demoralizing!! Thanks for this mornings inspiration, azwaterbaby!

I'm actually not a big running fan either. But the other day I was running on the treadmill and a friend of mine happened to stop by and she asked me what the big smile was for. I was running AND smiling at the same time! Then I realized... I was having a pretty good time. I was a bit floored. So it gave me hope... running can grow on you!

Dana
2004-01-26 10:00 AM

User image

Central Louisiana
Congrats on the run, don't worry about the time as much as you are getting out and doing it.

2004-01-26 7:18 PM

, Alabama
That's the awesome thing about running. Even if you start out hating it, you stick to it and once you have a great running day like today, it's easier the next time. Great job!

Sharon
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Happy with my run results today Rss Feed