General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from France Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-23 9:54 AM

User image

NICE, France
Subject: New from France
Hi well, I just posted in the questions section too but thougth I would post here, especially to see if there was anyone else in France on the site? I ran my first marathon this year and as my region, Nice, really presents itself well for triathlons I am thinking of giving it a go, IF, as I posted in the other forum, I can overcome a fear of going fast downhill on a bike (need to learn not to brake ALL the time I will joing a club I think as I will need help with the biking and improving my swimming style. I can cover the distances but am not fast in any sport I do. But am looking forward to the challenge. Ultimately I would like to do the Half Iornman in Monaco a year from now, but its big HILLS/mountains on the bike so cannot consider it If i cannot overcome my fear. anyway this seems like a cool site where I can elarn lots!

2007-08-23 10:40 AM
in reply to: #937412

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: New from France

Jedi - 2007-08-23 9:54 AM Hi well, I just posted in the questions section too but thougth I would post here, especially to see if there was anyone else in France on the site? I ran my first marathon this year and as my region, Nice, really presents itself well for triathlons I am thinking of giving it a go, IF, as I posted in the other forum, I can overcome a fear of going fast downhill on a bike (need to learn not to brake ALL the time I will joing a club I think as I will need help with the biking and improving my swimming style. I can cover the distances but am not fast in any sport I do. But am looking forward to the challenge. Ultimately I would like to do the Half Iornman in Monaco a year from now, but its big HILLS/mountains on the bike so cannot consider it If i cannot overcome my fear. anyway this seems like a cool site where I can elarn lots!

Bonjour Jedi and welcome to the madness.  I do not know if there are any others from France on Beginner Triathlete as most of the site is in English.  However, I do know there are others from overseas, mainly in England.

I have a friend in Cergy, just outside of Paris, whose wife belongs to a club.  But that would be quite a distance for you.  Actually it is quite a distance for you.  I'm assuming you have looked up this club http://www.nicetriathlon-club.com/.  Riding with a club will help you with your braking fears. 

Bon chance!

2007-08-23 10:42 AM

User image

NICE, France
Merci, crowny yes i checked out that site and apparantly there is another club too. I just hope they will have some people patient enough with slow, fearful cyclists
2007-08-24 1:34 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

I think you will be fine.  Most clubs have very different levels of experience.  You have a unique experience because the birth of Triathlons in France is Nice from what I hear.  Again, welcome to the addiction.

Vive le Triathlon!

2007-08-24 1:54 PM

User image

NICE, France
Its true Nice is the location of the big Ironman France. well now i need to work out a training plan as i would liek to still run three times a week and hoped to continue some weight training too. tomorrow is longish run '(wellnot very just 15km) and then sunday will try the hills again on the bike
2007-08-26 1:21 PM

User image

NICE, France
so i took some of your advice and as part of my 60km ride i found a descent of several Km whihc wasn't very windy or steep and didn't brake so much. However I took well over 3 hours with an elevation of around 1500 feet which is very slow. also though i had eaten a big bowl of oats before leaving i took only water with me and was pretty wiped during the last hour!

2007-08-29 10:01 PM

User image

have you ever road any of the stages from the tour i.e. the alp stages?  I hope to make it over in the next year and ride and ride and ride especially Alp de Huez.  Welcome to the site.
2007-08-30 4:40 AM

User image

Master
brummie land

bonjour jedi!

my sissie lives in a tiny place called lapouge haute, near riberac in dordogne. but i'm in england

bienvenue (gives up french...) to bt

j xx 

2007-08-30 6:29 AM

good luck with it all ...

there are a few of us europeans on here. I'm sure you will love traithlons and if you have the endurance and the courage to run a marathon triathlons should be no problem!
2007-08-30 11:47 AM

User image

NICE, France
Hi Nice to see there are some other Europeans any down my way?? S France? Italy?

Hosombread! Iam a rea beginner on the bike, only bought it in June so have only done local runs so far Hope you enjoy your time in the Alps

Salut Sapho, hope your sister is enjoying SW France, where are you from in the UK? are tris popular in the UK?

Yesterday rode into work, to Monaco, whihc is 50km round trip. the traffic is scary but i think i wil try this once a week!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from France Rss Feed