General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Love to do all three Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-27 8:34 AM

Subject: Love to do all three
I love to do all three sports so I figured why not give all three a try in one event. I am just getting started training and am open to any hints people might have on training schedules. I am currently deployed in Kuwait, but will be returning to AZ in Feb and plan on hitting the ground running on training as soon as I get back. Right now i am running and riding a stationary bike when I can. I think i am in pretty good shape, just not for sure on the distance swimming - more of a sprinter in that department. The other two I am a distance kind of person. If anyone can help get some ideas on training schedules that would be great.

2004-01-27 11:11 AM
in reply to: #5123

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Subject: RE: Love to do all three
ideas on training? not really, but there are plenty here who can give you advice. but what i can say is, welcome! glad that there is another convert to multisport!

stay safe,
dana
2004-01-27 4:56 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

check out the plans on the main site...your schedule will depend on where your at now and what length triathlon u want to do...

a few schedules are couch-to-sprint, couch-to-oly, sprint & olys - if u can handle week 1 no problem...PLUS u can always tweak them to suit u...

welcome to the site...kudos to your job...i have a few freinds stationed over their...

2004-01-27 8:36 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome and glad to have you here!
2004-02-01 3:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
WELCOME, glad to see you're in this site- I love it. We're like a bunch of your relatives you might not ever meet. Okay, as for training ideas- what I did was take a look at the "Couch to.. " series [returning from an injury], but you might want to decide your distance first. Since it sounds like your swimming is the weakest "link": than maybe a sprint might be good to consider- especially for the first race.

Anyhoo, decide your distance- then look at the site for training options- then tweak it to fit YOUR lifestyle. Tons of luck to you!

Milly
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Love to do all three Rss Feed