Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-10-19 2:34 PM
in reply to: #73859

User image

Veteran
MA
Subject: RE: I'm a lawn mower :(
What about the method in Triathlete's Training Bible? Rather than using a formula and max heart rate, this method has you do field tests in order to calculate Lactate Threshold Heart Rate for each sport. Then your zones are calculated off of LTHR. You re-test throughout the year in order to assess progress.

Whatever method, I am sure that I have neglected to train my aerobic system, and I am excited to give this kind of training a try. I would love to join a support group or check-in group with folks doing the same thing.

Deb

2004-10-19 3:23 PM
in reply to: #73935

User image

Elite Veteran
Smyrna, Georgia

Laerka -- try shortening your stride.  That ought to compensate for the higher cadence.  You may want to work towards reaching the ideal cadence slowly so that it's not so awkward.

Good luck.

2004-10-19 10:16 PM
in reply to: #73859

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga

I had been mulling over the notion of hiring a coach, and after reading this thread (thanks, Sann, it was very informative), I've decided to sign up with a real live coach for 3 months.  My hope is that I can get all the physiological stuff done so I know where all the zones and benchmarks reside.  Additionally, this guy is going to adjust my training plan, my nutritional plan, and help me with technique for all 3 disciplines.  I figure after 3 months, I should be able to self-manage my training through the rest of the winter and spring.

I'm going in for my "orientation" on Friday.  I just hope he doesn't disapprove too much of my penchant for Corona, Double Whoppers, and Chick-o-sticks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm a lawn mower :( Rss Feed  

of 2