General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To push or not to push - a coaching question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-03 9:17 AM

Veteran
Subject: To push or not to push - a coaching question
On Saturday I'll be three weeks away from my first tri (an Olympic). I'm training hard right now but I did take a break from tri sports yesterday with the intention of really putting in a good workout today since I have the day off. However I did a little 10ish mile ride this morning to try to get warmed up and my legs felt like they were going to explode. I'm really sore from last week.

So my question is this: since I'm so close to my race and in my peak period should I just push through a workout today and worry about recovery when I hit my taper or should I take another day off and let my legs recover. This will also most likely be my only real option for a long ride until next weekend.

I was thinking I should just take a break for a few hours and then go and do an hour in the pool and then do a 40 mile ride.

Thoughts?

2007-09-03 9:41 AM
in reply to: #950589

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: RE: To push or not to push - a coaching question

I looked at your logs. A big ride on Sat, a big day of climbing yesterday.

Take the day off. or very easy

IMHO You have more to lose than to gain.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To push or not to push - a coaching question Rss Feed